1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Why add the " and extortionists"?

Does anyone else see this as a de facto admission that the middle-man/owner of the video contacted the Ford family looking for money? That action could have been extortion, as I'm sure most people would agree. The video middle-man/owner is not holding a gun/threat to the journalists' heads, or the to the collective heads of the people of Toronto. How could it be construed as extortion? It's capitalism at worst; supply and demand.

I don't see that statement as rhetoric. I see it as a slip-up.
I do. In my opinion, Doug is speaking to Ford Nation. He knows that few of them will second-guess what he's saying, and by throwing the word "extortion" into the mix (even though the word doesn't apply) he's making things sound more extreme. Words like "extortion" automatically get people's backs up against the wall and make them defensive at the idea. It's a victimizing word. I do believe that Doug knows these things, and that (unless what you're hypothesizing is true) it is not extortion, whereas his brother Rob... I have my doubts he'd know it's not an appropriate word for this.

From my second-hand understanding of the neurological effects of drugs, it is far more likely that he is smoking Hash or Meth, or even heroin. They are all downers - and crack is a major upper. I believe that he wouldn't be slumped in his chair, rambling and trailing off, if he was smoking crack.

From a couple pages back (damn this thread moves fast)...

From personal experience I can tell you that, if the people who viewed the video are correct, he is not smoking hash. The people who saw the video claim he lights the pipe from the bottom, and no human being on earth smokes hash that way, unless it's a lightbulb vaporizer or something, which is very clearly identifiable. Pretty much the only things that are consumed in a pipe lit from the bottom are crack, meth, and (less frequently) heroin.

edit: also, people react to drugs in wildly different ways, and with the cocktail of alcohol, bad food, and whatever narcotics are in Ford's system, it'd be tough to predict how any drug would affect him, especially something like crack which could be cut with any number of things besides coke.

Last edited:
Or, he used the word extortionist simply because they are demanding $200,000 for the video.

Or he just doesn't really know what "extortionist" means, which seems most likely to me. I wouldn't dissect each an every word that comes out of the Fords' mouths the way some have lately (i.e. "He never said he never did crack!"). These guys are hardly the most articulate or thoughtful on the planet. They speak in populist mantras repeated over and over, but don't seem too able to think on their feet when those slogans prove insufficient. Hyperbole fits comfortably, and lies are not uncommon.

They're not smart enough to get off on some verbal technicality, nor do they speak deliberately enough to parse out what they're exactly trying to hide (beyond the painfully obvious).

I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say as they've proven, time and again, that they don't know what they're talking about.

From a couple pages back (damn this thread moves fast)...

Think this is moving fast? Just wait till we have real news. All that happened today was some more news on the homicides that Ford may or may not be connected to and Gawker's comments about them raising enough money to buy the video of Ford smoking crack.

Think this is moving fast? Just wait till we have real news. All that happened today was some more news on the homicides that Ford may or may not be connected to and Gawker's comments about them raising enough money to buy the video of Ford smoking crack.

Two weeks ago, that would have been an INSANE day! Today we're thinking "man, when will something new happen..."

The photo was clearly taken late at night, and Ford was dressed very casually - not in his usual work/photo-op attire. If he is on a roll with his lies, he should have said that the photo was taken at a gathering with his football team plus their friends and family.

Hell, of all the lies he has likely spread over the last couple of weeks, that one would have been the most believable.

There are plenty of photos of Rob Ford at night, at various functions dressed casually. It took me 20 seconds on Google to find this classic -

And that was at a public function ^^^. The one with the three guys (drug dealers?) does not appear to be at a public function, so it's a different thing altogether.

I've just seen a three or four second clip of Rob Ford smoking something with a glass pipe and lighter, but he's lighting it from on top, not from the bottom. I'm not familiar with these things and don't know what to make of it. I'm not sure if it's real or what the heck it is. Has anyone else seen this? It's a flash video on FB so I can't paste a link. Search "Kenny Hotz" (from the Toronto TV show "Kenny vs. Spenny") and he's got it posted there.

Edit: I'm now reading the FB comments, it's got to be a prank, don't get too excited.

Last edited:
A fake? From twitter:

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt
Please do not fall for a two-second clip of the fake Ford crack video pulled from the "How to fake a Ford crack video" video

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back