152     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 491     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 665     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any convicted killers, do you? But I bet if you talk to those who do business with or are members of biker gangs, they will know quite a few.

The actions of Ford's former brother-in-law have nothing to do with Ford. It was the act of one man who later after apparently being divorced from his Ford's sister killed someone. What's outrageous and creepy is your attempt to somehow pin this on Ford and his entire family. There is no excuse for this type of slander. I dare you to post your name/contact info and then wait for Ford's lawyers to call.

Last edited:
So i'm hearing today that there's some news regarding removing the land transfer tax.
How does it make sense to remove a revenue stream when you apparently have a "budget hole"?
I can see house prices skyrocketing again.

The actions of Ford's former brother-in-law have nothing to do with Ford. It was the act of one man who later after apparently being divorced from his Ford's sister killed someone. What's outrageous and creepy is your attempt to somehow pin this on Ford and his entire family. There is no excuse for this type of slander. I dare you to post your name/contact info and then wait for Ford's lawyers to call.

I'm not trying to pin this act on Rob Ford. Are you stupid? The Ford family culture - yes the family culture, the bozo brother Doug, the heroin addict sister, and the lingerie football playing sister, the whole lot of them - are not the kind of people who should be influencing the course of the city of Toronto.

I'm not trying to pin this act on Rob Ford. Are you stupid? The Ford family culture - yes the family culture, the bozo brother Doug, the heroin addict sister, and the lingerie football playing sister, the whole lot of them - are not the kind of people who should be influencing the course of the city of Toronto.

So tell us what your family is like, so that we can judge you.

I hope that before City Council considers cutting Arts spending they consider the economic benefits of the Arts. Press release from Moneris: TIFF 2011 Brings in Big Stars-and Big Spending: TIFF 2011 Outperforms Last Year's Festival in Dollars Spent and Overall Number of Credit Card Transactions

Hopefully Mayor Ford and other city councillors will be taking in Nuit Blanche this Saturday night. It's not only a significant public Arts event that attracts Torontonians of all walks of life, but with all those people out and about throughout the night there's going to be increased spending. Arts improves peoples' lives AND it improves the economy. It is not a frill. It is not an "efficiency."

Toronto merchants saw a significant increase in spending in September thanks to the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). According to Moneris Solutions (Moneris), Canada's largest payment processor, overall consumer spending during TIFF was up 7.5 per cent compared to the period during last year's festival. The number of credit card transactions increased by 6.7 per cent over the same period.

I hope that before City Council considers cutting Arts spending they consider the economic benefits of the Arts. Press release from Moneris: TIFF 2011 Brings in Big Stars-and Big Spending: TIFF 2011 Outperforms Last Year's Festival in Dollars Spent and Overall Number of Credit Card Transactions

Hopefully Mayor Ford and other city councillors will be taking in Nuit Blanche this Saturday night. It's not only a significant public Arts event that attracts Torontonians of all walks of life, but with all those people out and about throughout the night there's going to be increased spending. Arts improves peoples' lives AND it improves the economy. It is not a frill. It is not an "efficiency."

The problem is guys like Rob Ford are living in the past, when Toronto and the rest of Ontario was a manufacturing centre. Those days are long gone. Toronto needs to strengthen its position as a destination city for festivals, conferences and conventions.

So tell us what your family is like, so that we can judge you.

I'm not running for public office. I don't play politics as a tag team with a brother. Nor do I host political garden parties at my mom's house.

But since you ask, I also don't have any drug addicts or murderers in my family.

And AoD, I didn't call anyone stupid, I asked if they were stupid. After having statements of mine misconstrued at least twice I had to ask.

I'm not running for public office. I don't play politics as a tag team with a brother. Nor do I host political garden parties at my mom's house.

But since you ask, I also don't have any drug addicts or murderers in my family.

And AoD, I didn't call anyone stupid, I asked if they were stupid. After having statements of mine misconstrued at least twice I had to ask.

I just want to point out that the city of Toronto did vote for Rob Ford despite knowing about his drunken outburst at a Leafs game, his arrest and drug use in Florida, all his verbal gaffes etc, etc. Either the people of Toronto have an infinite capacity to forgive, or nobody cares. Time to move on.

EMP1729:

Well, unlike his family, his personal failings are a legitimate point of contention - it cast doubts on his character and competency. As to it being a democracy and the voters have spoken - democracy isn't a foil against the electorate making sub-optimal decisions. Furthermore, there is the bigger issue of where the electorate stands in terms of social policy and their support of this mayor, which can be constructed as hypocritical in nature.

AoD

I just want to point out that the city of Toronto did vote for Rob Ford despite knowing about his drunken outburst at a Leafs game, his arrest and drug use in Florida, all his verbal gaffes etc, etc. Either the people of Toronto have an infinite capacity to forgive, or nobody cares. Time to move on.

I don't think many people knew what the Ford`s were really all about. They are slowly learning and seeing what dirt bags these guys really are. Thankfully enough people cared to stop the Ford's in their attempt to sell off our waterfront.

Last edited:
i don't know about you guys but the monorail and the giant ferris wheel would of been great in toronto.

In my broad family, I have drug addicts, prostitutes, thieves, dunno about murderers unless adultery-triggered suicide counts as "murder"...and it's a terrific means of lending "perspective".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back