229     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 545     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 690     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I typed something but deleted it because I read it and realized it was inappropriate)
Petticoat Junction
1385308627_2.jpg

The news coverage is making me seriously question if I'm actually just living deep in a coma or life is happening this way.

Ctv will have live coverage all over the place, interviewed a woman who came from NS because it was "the right thing to do", and they spoke of the "so-called" crack video like it wa me some fantasy that I wasn't present to see with my own eyes lol.

I'm so embarrassed for the loss of my city.

I do hope Worms is getting paid for the word and not for content.
Farewell for a superstar
Toronto prepares to say goodbye to Rob Ford on Wednesday

Toronto is about to bury its own special superstar.

Perhaps not everybody’s superstar. There’s nobody more polarizing than the one-and-only Rob Ford.

There’s no middle ground. Love him or hate him. Take your pick.

But it’s kind of hard to hide the thousands of people who came out to City Hall over the past two days for the public visitation for the former mayor.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/29/farewell-for-a-superstar

David Rider ‏@dmrider 4h4 hours ago
Correcting this tweet - I reversed the numbers - visitation to @TorontoRobFord at city hall was 2500 Monday and 3031 today, Tuesday

View conversation
1 retweet3 likes
I wonder how they counted, clicker? selfie? "Ford Nation" flags given out by Dougie's little helpers? $20 bills? Of course I mostly wonder why they want a count, are the numbers to see if they do better than Ford Festers or just to know the amount of hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. for the wrap party?

The news coverage is making me seriously question if I'm actually just living deep in a coma or life is happening this way.

Ctv will have live coverage all over the place, interviewed a woman who came from NS because it was "the right thing to do", and they spoke of the "so-called" crack video like it wa me some fantasy that I wasn't present to see with my own eyes lol.

I'm so embarrassed for the loss of my city.
It's like root canal gone bad. But try to relax, one more day and the discomfort will be over. Then it will be just Doug, everywhere, all the time.

From Vice:

"Rob Ford Is Getting the Send Off He Deserves, Full of Controversy, Statues, and Selfies"

"This plan all but guaranteed that Ford's death would result in the same kind of bizarre political spectacle that hounded the man over the last few years of his life. But even with Doug Ford's reputation of campaigning on his brother's back, I don't think anyone expected to see him taking smiling selfies with members of Ford Nation at his brother's visitation."

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/rob-...erves-full-of-controversy-statues-and-selfies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back