292     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 521     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 787     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tribute video made by Don Bosco football players coached by Ford. Lots and lots of highlights of football plays. Clips with Rob Ford start around 6:20.

Last edited:
William George Barker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_George_Barker

Legacy

His funeral, the largest national state event in Toronto's history, was attended by an honour guard of 2,000 soldiers. The cortege stretched for more than a mile and a half, and included the Chief of the General Staff and his senior officers, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, the Mayor of Toronto, three federal government cabinet ministers, and six other Victoria Cross recipients. An honour guard was also provided by the United States Army. Some 50,000 spectators lined the streets of Toronto en route to Mount Pleasant Cemetery, where Barker was interred in his wife's family crypt in the Mausoleum.[26]

William George Barker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_George_Barker

Legacy

His funeral, the largest national state event in Toronto's history, was attended by an honour guard of 2,000 soldiers. The cortege stretched for more than a mile and a half, and included the Chief of the General Staff and his senior officers, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, the Mayor of Toronto, three federal government cabinet ministers, and six other Victoria Cross recipients. An honour guard was also provided by the United States Army. Some 50,000 spectators lined the streets of Toronto en route to Mount Pleasant Cemetery, where Barker was interred in his wife's family crypt in the Mausoleum.[26]
That's a tough act to follow, maybe Doug will round up some of Harper's Boy Scouts. Maybe they could swim Lake Ontario before they march in the procession? That would be impressive.

Still surrounded by cops, what a mockery:

Patrick Morrell
@PatMorrell_CBC
945d4a52-a82a-4308-a88c-d08755e3352a_500.jpg

At #Toronto city hall @TorontoPolice ceremonial guard arrives to take up posts at #robford 's casket in rotunda

And the casket pops open and Rob pops up saying "I'm alive, you bastards, I'm alive"!

As always just sayin, if it happened and he was in Florida instead, hmm. If not we'll chalk it up to another horrific attack on hizzoners deserved spotless sainthood.

Ok, I've been trying to be respectful in wake of his death but...how strange is it that the disgraced, crack-smoking mayor gets this royal send off? No one I've spoken to can understand it. Perhaps Tory thinks he can win over part of Ford Nation by supporting this?

A reading from the good news by Ford Nation.

And so it was
On the third day
After laying in repose
They carried the body
By hearse
With the family walking behind.

To avoid the angry streetcars
They followed a path to bypass them.

The crowd wallowed and cried
Laying newspapers
(The Star could be used)
And flowers along the way.​