196     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 973     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 761     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this TMZ? Picture of people leaving the hospital after the loss of a loved one? How sad for you people!

Notice it was a reporter from the Sun (which has a tabloid aspect to it) posting it on Twitter - not someone from UT waiting to track them down.

And as someone mentioned prior - there is the demand for privacy and then showing up on TV and having their photos taken by friendly media outlets. You can't suck and blow at the same time.

AoD

People did blame the police but it's comical and cringe-worthy to see someone try to exonerate Ford in the matter. He was an elected official who has influence over the police.

This also wasn't an isolated incident. He repeatedly abused his influence and power simply so he could drive around town wasted. Let that sink in. He repeatedly got into his obnoxious SUV and drove drunk with the assistance of the police. Somehow you think that's defensible?

It's the classic blame everyone else complex that the Ford fans suffer from.

I just caught a glimpse of CP24 and the ticker read "Ford Memorial Continues to Grow" as the featured a close-up of flowers in the park. It slowly panned out and just as it was about to reveal the modest amount of flowers it abruptly cut away. Guess they're going to try to run with this for awhile longer.

Overwhelming outpouring of support.

CePTvUTUkAEXKds.jpg:large

People did blame the police but it's comical and cringe-worthy to see someone try to exonerate Ford in the matter. He was an elected official who has influence over the police.

This also wasn't an isolated incident. He repeatedly abused his influence and power simply so he could drive around town wasted.

It's the classic blame everyone else complex that the Ford fans suffer from.

People were critical of the police, but was there any investigation? No. Was there anyone faulted publicly? No. That is the quintessence of what power affords.

For all the talk about, and the demand for personal responsibility - there is precious little of it demonstrated both by the subject and demanded of by his supporters. Do as I say, not as I do.

AoD

Last edited:
Notice it was a reporter from the Sun (which has a tabloid aspect to it) posting it on Twitter - not someone from UT waiting to track them down.

And as someone mentioned prior - there is the demand for privacy and then showing up on TV and having their photos taken by friendly media outlets. You can't suck and blow at the same time.

AoD
Ya, that kind of felt wrong watching that. They should've just let her leave without photos/video.

Ya, that kind of felt wrong watching that. They should've just let her leave without photos/video.

I tend to agree - especially considering the meaninglessness of a grat shot like that (just what is the point? That they are leaving the hospital parking? Why is that worth any shot or coverage). Now, having said that, the broader issue of the CP24 interview and the shot a the park flies in the face of the whole privacy argument. Let me grief privately, but I'd like to say a few words and have my photos taken. That's BS along the lines of the privacy but let's have a hospital presser.

AoD

Civic funeral being planned? Isn't that just the thing Robbie would have voted against? I'd suggest they have him lie in state between the goal posts at Don Bosco football field so his followers can pay their final respect. What is really disturbing is this endless drivel on radio & TV and forgetting the real tragedy is elsewhere.

Geezus did CP24 start this memorial in Douglas B. Ford Park because they keep pushing it as a "growing memorial" and it looks almost the same as it was during the family photo op yesterday.

Civic funeral being planned? Isn't that just the thing Robbie would have voted against? I'd suggest they have him lie in state between the goal posts at Don Bosco football field so his followers can pay their final respect. What is really disturbing is this endless drivel on radio & TV and forgetting the real tragedy is elsewhere.

Not just that, but a) what was his significant contributions and b) why should he get one given the disgrace he brought to the city and the office?

AoD

He was the former mayor and a sitting councillor. It's appropriate for the city to recognize the death of its chief magistrates via a civic funeral or other reasonable gesture. The office still deserves respect, regardless of whether he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back