Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 1.41.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 1.41.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 1.41.04 PM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 489
I'm in St. Louis and listen to the jazz station from a local university. RoFo's funeral led the live-read portion of their 7am news, just after the canned national news stories. And (of course) accuracy left much to be desired...

Earlier in the thread, someone humorously suggested that Wynne might find herself pelted with rotten tomatoes by the Ford fanboys if she were to actually put an appearance in at the political rally, er, funeral. And you know what? As far as I'm concerned, if something like that did happen, it would serve her bloody well right. She has no business being there. None. Any more than Tory did in pimping out City Hall to the Fords yet again. Fuck them both.

I hope and pray that Doug does not run for Ward 2. If he does, we have to put all our resolve into exposing him and his pseudo-concern for the members of Ford nation. I cannot imagine however his being willing to become the target for all us "haters".

Bagpipes are playing.

I heard the piper again around noon, playing an excerpt from Holst's The Planets - from the movement titled 'Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity'.

(starts around 3:10)

The exact same melody (on the uillean pipes) was used in a short-lived promo for a show on The Rebel, over a montage of stolen/uncredited Canadian landscape footage.

I'd be curious to know where the hundreds of "Ford Nation" and "Rob Ford" small paper flags came from. Were there boxes of them at NPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back