236     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 5K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually at a loss for words. Why would they allow this?

"Rob Ford's son praises 'the best dad'"

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/23/rob-fords-son-praises-the-best-dad

"Dougie’s uncle Doug Ford chuckled at his nephew’s first media scrum and said he was fine with it being quoted in the newspaper."

This is horrible and heartbreaking. Doug "only" has daughters so he's turned his attention to Dougie Jr as his next political tool. Rob's body isn't even cold yet.

“You bought me toys and everything and without you, I would be nothing. You did everything for me. I don’t know what else to say.”

Doesn't sound like an 8-year-old, wouldn't be surprised if he were coached beforehand on what to say. DoFo is such a scumbag.

I bet many -- if not most -- of those Rexdalians that are being discussed are single moms with children. Marriage isn't an antidote to poverty, but it sure helps to have two parents with two incomes.

Other than yourself, who, exactly, is discussing 'Rexdalians'? Do you have some sort of axe to grind? What is your point?

"Dougie’s uncle Doug Ford chuckled at his nephew’s first media scrum and said he was fine with it being quoted in the newspaper."

This is horrible and heartbreaking. Doug "only" has daughters so he's turned his attention to Dougie Jr as his next political tool. Rob's body isn't even cold yet.

“You bought me toys and everything and without you, I would be nothing. You did everything for me. I don’t know what else to say.”

Doesn't sound like an 8-year-old, wouldn't be surprised if he were coached beforehand on what to say. DoFo is such a scumbag.

Keep in mind that Rob coached Stephanie to say "no comment" to reporters when she was still a toddler. These kids don't stand a chance.

ETA: Stephanie also told a reporter F John Tory at a fundraiser before the election.

Last edited:

That's actually a rather creepy thing to say - as if one's worth is dependent on someone else. Eek.

AoD

I bet many -- if not most -- of those Rexdalians that are being discussed are single moms with children. Marriage isn't an antidote to poverty, but it sure helps to have two parents with two incomes.

And you can have two parents with two incomes without being married.

Sure, but usually one's faith must correspond and the Anglicans used to be just as much sticklers as the Catholics on this one. Then again, my experience has been with marriages vs. burials. Metropolitan United is pretty large, but then, it's very progressive re LGBT (which I'm sure has nothing to do with the choice). St. James definitely more WASPish
Again, this is absolutely 100% normal. Churches aren't in the habit of turning anyone away, especially for funerals. Those roofs don't fix themselves.

St. James was likely chosen in part for it's size, location and, yes, the formality of being Toronto's 'establishment' church. However, that's also exactly the sort of thing that gets High Anglicans all tingly inside so it is what it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back