195     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 948     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think the Conservatives are being strategic in campaigning with the Fords? Like maybe they expected the backlash would fire up a certain part of their base?

No, they are being complete idiots and showing how desperate they are. For every Ford Nation vote they pick up, they risk losing support.

You think the Conservatives are being strategic in campaigning with the Fords? Like maybe they expected the backlash would fire up a certain part of their base?

Sure looks like it, IMO. The Tories need every vote in their 30% base. With the Fords, they can whip up the froth in southern Ontario, which might help them in close races. Maybe the Fords are our niqab.

Simply NO. The Harperoid desperation to look for a bump up in Toronto (of all places) is beyond stupid. Will Rob deliver up the Crack Vote? Will Doug II feel the love of the man whose job he openly lusts after? To think the FoBros are in this for anyone's benefit but their own is more bad judgment on Harper's part. I am so looking forward to the Rumble in the Jungle on Saturday. Or will it be the Joke in Etobicoke?

You're probably going to be too busy watching the Jays to go to the Harpercon Shindig to report back for us.

Oh, and don't forget Doug says Rob's the most liberal guy in TO (I think he meant libertarian, but they have trouble with words) and if Justin's planning bordellos on every corner that could be a game changer for sure.

Simply NO. The Harperoid desperation to look for a bump up in Toronto (of all places) is beyond stupid. Will Rob deliver up the Crack Vote? Will Doug II feel the love of the man whose job he openly lusts after? To think the FoBros are in this for anyone's benefit but their own is more bad judgment on Harper's part. I am so looking forward to the Rumble in the Jungle on Saturday. Or will it be the Joke in Etobicoke?

You're probably going to be too busy watching the Jays to go to the Harpercon Shindig to report back for us.

Anyone think there might be something damning about Harper in Towhey's book as well?

No, they are being complete idiots and showing how desperate they are. For every Ford Nation vote they pick up, they risk losing support.

They already have all those votes, the point of a rally is to convince the crowd to go out and actually cast them. The greater danger is that this rally—which has all the markings of being arranged at the last possible minute—will be a resounding flop and play to a 3/4s empty hall.

BrKzBtwIEAA3N_Z.jpg

If it looks and feels as pathetic as the rally they held to launch Rob Fords re-election campaign, they might end up with a room full of people who will decide on Monday that voting really isn't worth it this time.

Anyone think there might be something damning about Harper in Towhey's book as well?

I don't see why/how there would be. I'm curious to know what we might learn about Doug's capabilities. Doug says he still has ambitions for higher office, whereas Harper may well be history after Monday (assuming the polls are accurate).

I don't see why/how there would be. I'm curious to know what we might learn about Doug's capabilities. Doug says he still has ambitions for higher office, whereas Harper may well be history after Monday (assuming the polls are accurate).

Wasn't there that event that Rob went to where Harper was there and he (Rob) drove off drunk and spent the night at that hotel on Jarvis? If Towhey claims Harper told him to just let Ford go or something? It's a stretch, but still. Or dirt on their "fishing trip".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back