223     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 631     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 992     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't venture a guess why, buy yeah, Rob does seem to be taking a long time to heal. Maybe there are still some medical types around here who could weigh in once more.

Don't forget he was discharged from the hospital and he went straight to City Hall in his shorts and t-shirt. He really doesn't look well, and I'm willing to bet he's in a lot of pain.

Don't forget he was discharged from the hospital and he went straight to City Hall in his shorts and t-shirt. He really doesn't look well, and I'm willing to bet he's in a lot of pain.

Yep, he is his worst enemy, followed closely by his family.

I don't know why people get worked up about the visit to City Hall. Rob was just rushing on a bit of adrenalne from the relief of being released from hospital. He went pretty quiet after that.

I wouldn't venture a guess why, buy yeah, Rob does seem to be taking a long time to heal. Maybe there are still some medical types around here who could weigh in once more.
FWIW, did you see the feature in the Star over the weekend on antibiotic resistant bacteria and serious infections? There's no treatment available; basically either you survive or die, and the mortality rates were 8 - 10 per cent of those infected (usually surgical patients - ICUs were a real hot spot) when I was researching MRSA about 7 years ago. At any rate serious enough that hospitals were eventually required by MoH to post their infection rates.

I don't know why people get worked up about the visit to City Hall. Rob was just rushing on a bit of adrenalne from the relief of being released from hospital. He went pretty quiet after that.

It wasn't adrenaline, it was assholeitis. He wanted to prove he was still big man on campus, while anyone else would have gone straight home and been delighted to be there. Work should be the last place you go after being released from the hospital after major surgery, not the first. He's a stranger in his own home, I almost feel sorry for him.

It wasn't adrenaline, it was assholeitis. He wanted to prove he was still big man on campus, while anyone else would have gone straight home and been delighted to be there. Work should be the last place you go after being released from the hospital after major surgery, not the first. He's a stranger in his own home, I almost feel sorry for him.

Well, there's that angle, too, I guess. ;)

I'm surprised he wasn't sent to medical, post-surgical rehab. They do it for seniors to strengthen them up before releasing them home. Could be he refused some kind of medically supervised R'n'R to make sure he wasn't abusing his meds, eating right and getting moderate exercise. Maybe given his Greenstone experience no private facility would take him on, or FoFam wouldn't spring for it. They're all so dysfunctional it just seems "normal" to them.

I remember seeing him in a suit a few months ago, I think it was for the opening of the Billy Bishop tunnel or something...can't remember exactly. So I wonder if he wore it there because it was important to him, or if something happened since then. I wouldn't put it past him to be tossing around a football when he's not supposed to.

Jimmi... Who are you buying books for if Harper only gets a minority?

I think my bet is with Wang. But I need not worry. The niqab issue is a winner. I've got several people on my Facebook page posting anti-niqab memes who've probably never even seen someone wearing one!

Cancer experts, do you know if Ford's cancer is the type that after five years of being cancer free you're essentially cleared? I think that's the case with, say, breast cancer. Not sure about Fords though. Some people struggle with it returning for a long time.

I think my bet is with Wang. But I need not worry. The niqab issue is a winner. I've got several people on my Facebook page posting anti-niqab memes who've probably never even seen someone wearing one!
That's sad. this is a complete non-issue whatever side you fall on. it will be decided by the court with regards to the Charter, not by any PM. And it's totally a symbolic thing that doesn't affect anyone's life or security or anything. I am not in favour of many religious/cultural practices (especially sexist ones) but is so much less important than other issues.

From the bachelor party, I guess:

@TorontoRobFord 38 minutes ago
Congrats @Mark_Grimes on winning the e-bike in tonight's raffle!
CQRy1k7UYAE9i7_.jpg:large

Do you recognize these symptoms? The impressions I have from the stuff posted here, the pics and videos, are of a man who is not so much changed by rehab and illness as of a man who is tired and trapped in his own inner self, who is incapable of finding a way out of his old "comfort zone". Even his performance at Council yesterday and today he seemed lifeless and desperate, The Ford Fest promotion was probably the high point of his day, trying to bring back the Good Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back