News   Jul 17, 2024
 909     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
graeme ‏@graemeTO 1h1 hour ago
@annhui He also addressed the sanctimonious pricks in press gallery mocking his outfit he wears due to cancer surgery. #topoli
and furthermore

graeme ‏@graemeTO 2h2 hours ago
Hey asshole media mocking what Rob is wearing, you should be watching this CP24 interview. #topoli

I don't have the energy to get into anything with this putz or I would reply 'while Rob is being paid to be in council and to vote on a motion to spend billions of dollars'.

'Not appropriate' for kids: Ford at Toronah advanced screening
Ford said he liked how Toronah portrayed both Toronto and Chicago – two cities familiar to him.

“It’s funny and that’s what I like, there’s a lot of humour, a lot of sex, and that’s kind of nice,” he said.

The film, with a budget of $750,000, is based on the life of Smiciklas, the former Wild Wing owner who recently sold his chain of chicken wing restaurants to a U.S. company, but had some difficulties receiving the funds from the sale.

Smiciklas, who was at the screening, said the film is a mockumentary on his life – dealing with old faces from the past looking for handouts.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/01/not-appropriate-for-kids-ford-at-toronah-advanced-screening

The film’s structure gets too repetitive and aimless but ends with a beautiful moment of symmetry when Doug Ford appears in a very brief role to pick up Rob’s Trans Am and drive off.

Ford came straight from council to the Varsity VIP cinema for the screening, wearing his now-characteristic Adidas track suit (black top, white pants), and was warmly received by the crowd. Smiciklas explained the film we were about to see was 85 per cent finished, with sound and titles still being finalized. There was a chance that Ford would only stay for the first few minutes in case he needed to go home to rest, but he wound up staying past his cameo all the way to the end, and came up to the front for a post-show Q&A. It was Rob’s first time seeing the film and he enjoyed it, adding “it’s a great film, it really shows Toronto…it’s a lot of humour, a lot of swearing, a lot of sex.” He hastened to add that he would probably only allow his children to see just the beginning part with him in it, because otherwise “this is not appropriate to the kids.” Unfortunately for Hollywood, Ford intends to concentrate on his work at city hall with an eye on the 2018 election.
http://torontoist.com/2015/10/the-ford-awakens/

that article is well worth the read. one thing i'd like to point out though...
While doing the usual round of greetings, selfies and signature awkward faces, Ford was showing clear signs that he's still recovering from his recent surgeries. His energy seemed low, his eyes fluttered, and he appeared to struggle to keep up pace with the various people berating him for attention.
that usually means he's high

The Toronah Vice article is indeed worth reading. It sounds to me like the gang of mooks who financed this little masterpiece - all of whom apparently appear in it - looked at shows like Trailer Park Boys and far more polished Hollywood products such as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and figured they could do the same thing. Heh, heh. Uh, no.

What they didn't take into account was that the people appearing in those programs, all of which rely at least in part on some measure of improv, are professional actors, and are capable of imbuing their roles with some humanity, no matter how reprehensibly their characters behave. (Curb Your Enthusiasm and the League are other shows that kind of mine the same territory.) The Toronah idiots aren't professionals and don't even appear to 'acting' as such; they're just stupid, mean, bigoted assholes. (Slob fits in quite well with them, natch.) A group of dumbasses with more money than common sense.

I think he's got some major problems with his healing. He should be completely healed by now, he probably messed it up by doing too much, too soon. Stupid right to the end.

I think he's got some major problems with his healing. He should be completely healed by now, he probably messed it up by doing too much, too soon. Stupid right to the end.

I wouldn't venture a guess why, buy yeah, Rob does seem to be taking a long time to heal. Maybe there are still some medical types around here who could weigh in once more.

Do you recognize these symptoms? The impressions I have from the stuff posted here, the pics and videos, are of a man who is not so much changed by rehab and illness as of a man who is tired and trapped in his own inner self, who is incapable of finding a way out of his old "comfort zone". Even his performance at Council yesterday and today he seemed lifeless and desperate, The Ford Fest promotion was probably the high point of his day, trying to bring back the Good Times.

I did notice that yesterday morning Tory and Carmichael Greb declared an interest on an item due to their memberships in the Albany Club (as opposed to frequent fliers @ Muzik). Those are the folks who will be deciding who will replace Harper and Dougie will be nowhere near the short-list.

Do you recognize these symptoms? The impressions I have from the stuff posted here, the pics and videos, are of a man who is not so much changed by rehab and illness as of a man who is tired and trapped in his own inner self, who is incapable of finding a way out of his old "comfort zone". Even his performance at Council yesterday and today he seemed lifeless and desperate, The Ford Fest promotion was probably the high point of his day, trying to bring back the Good Times.

I think you're onto something, RR. Rob still talks his talk, but the fire seems to be missing. For a while, I thought maybe it was just a result of recovering from his surgery, but he doesn't seem to be bouncing back. It's like the wind has been knocked out of his sails. I seriously wonder if he'll have the energy to run in 2018, especially if he needs more treatment between and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back