307     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 385     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 1.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because Sarah Thompson has a long history of pointlessly lying about things like this and Our Man has no history of acting like a complete child after 2+ big-boy drinks. At this point is irrefutable proof really needed, given Ford's history of handling alcoholic intake with all the intelligence of your average fratboy?

I guess Ms. Thompson should consider herself lucky. I mean, would she rather to go to Iran and get raped and shot?

cTE4UlJ4RU1hb3Mx_o_home-simpson-badman---precious-venus---rare-gummy-venus-.jpg

I'm not yet sure what the real story is, as I wasn't there. I'm willing to give more benefit of the doubt to Thompson. Alleging a sexual assault is a very serious matter and her public career would be tarnished badly is it ends up she's lying or seriously exaggerating.

But yet again, I see much in common between Rob Ford and Homer Simpson.

Attachments

• cTE4UlJ4RU1hb3Mx_o_home-simpson-badman---precious-venus---rare-gummy-venus-.jpg
    cTE4UlJ4RU1hb3Mx_o_home-simpson-badman---precious-venus---rare-gummy-venus-.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Now I'm thinking the pile-on of misogyny against Sarah Thompson is the most disturbing part of this story. Allegation of sexual assault is a very serious matter, this has turned into another crass sideshow. Women shouldn't be made to fear speaking out if they've been assaulted, accused of "crying wolf".

I am most sympathetic to Sarah, but she should have raised the issue there and then. I would be furious if someone grabbed my sisters' ass like that, but I would also take an issue with her not standing up to the man and instead raising it up via social-media.

If Ford truly was hammered, he may now have no recollection of grabbing anyone's ass or saying anything inappropriate. If she'd made a fuss at the party the incident could be more validly referenced.

History tells us that Ford is most likely at fault here, but what can you genuinely expect him to do now? Apologise for something he may or may not remember? It's too easy to label Sarah a liar and move on.

Also, she should have gone to the Globe and Mail and not The Star.

I am most sympathetic to Sarah, but she should have raised the issue there and then. I would be furious if someone grabbed my sisters' ass like that, but I would also take an issue with her not standing up to the man and instead raising it up via social-media.

Standing up to the man right there and then? Have you ever been the victim of anything similar? One's natural reaction is shock... it takes a while to process what happened. Her non-reaction is completely in line with what is expected of a human being. Most abuse cases go unreported.

I don't see what's so wrong about the way she handled it. It is up to her whether she believes it was worthy of a police complaint. Social media is a viable medium. It's 2013. She wanted it public. I am astounded at all the people judging her for her actions.

If Ford truly was hammered, he may now have no recollection of grabbing anyone's ass or saying anything inappropriate.

Both Thompson and Ford's handlers say he wasn't drunk. She describes him as "out of it" but says he wasn't drunk.

But yeah, Ford has to deny. Admitting to the action means he has to resign immediately.

Allegation of sexual assault is a very serious matter, this has turned into another crass sideshow. Women shouldn't be made to fear speaking out if they've been assaulted, accused of "crying wolf".

It is a very serious matter, one that isn't addressed by posting it to Facebook for everyone to convict the accused without any due process.

It is a very serious matter, one that isn't addressed by posting it to Facebook for everyone to convict the accused without any due process.

Errrr, that happens anyways. It would have been in the media very quickly, and we would all be right here talking about it.

The next step will be Ford suing her to further legitimize his denial. Thompson might have to file a police complaint in response. Then it's an official he-said-she-said and will die in the news-cycle.

Next.

Last edited:
Standing up to the man right there and then? Have you ever been the victim of anything similar? One's natural reaction is shock... it takes a while to process what happened. Her non-reaction is completely in line with what is expected of a human being. Most abuse cases go unreported.

I don't see what's so wrong about the way she handled it. It is up to her whether she believes it was worthy of a police complaint. Social media is a viable medium. It's 2013. She wanted it public. I am astounded at all the people judging her for her actions.

Both Thompson and Ford's handlers say he wasn't drunk. She describes him as "out of it" but says he wasn't drunk.

But yeah, Ford has to deny. Admitting to the action means he has to resign immediately.

People are just tired of the Ford scandals. But yeah she should have gone to the police first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back