659     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least someone's been paying attention:

Jonathan Goldsbie
‏@goldsbie
Solid Tory quote from yesterday's scrum:

"Having sat in court and listened to others who indicated they didn't read the handbook, it was one of the first things I asked for and received."

Jonathan Goldsbie
‏@goldsbie

"Having sat in court and listened to others who indicated they didn't read the handbook, it was one of the first things I asked for and received."

Also helps to get a new copy at the start of a new term because of amendments or other changes made in the interim. Will Rob get a revised copy?

He basically says whatever rolls of his tongue and what he thinks someone wants to hear at that very moment.

I remember during the 2010 election Doug was asked by local media if Rob's rise in the polls could have anything to do with the Tea Party's rise in the US? Doug replied that he hoped so and that Tea Party politics was welcome in Canada.

We had enough of Harris; Dougie keeps proving how Right he would be if in power.

Jonathan Goldsbie
‏@goldsbie

A mayor that reads? Tory is at least one up on Robbie. Robbie always got people to read the important things to him from an abridged form, well at least until "Dave from Scarborough" was fired.

There is an old use of "pump(s)" in the UK but it's been replaced by "fart". ��

I believe that's Germanic in origin. Pumpern is one of several terms for fart in German. Hence "pumpernickel" (devil's farts).

A mayor that reads? Tory is at least one up on Robbie. Robbie always got people to read the important things to him from an abridged form, well at least until "Dave from Scarborough" was fired.

At least we can pretend to be fair and balanced on this thread. We all know robbie can read. He loves to parse the news while driving the SUV.

thanks for the info. wow, they must really be desperate to unload those dolls/recoop costs if they bothered to set up a website, knowing how tech-challenged/uninterested they are.

One woman I saw being interviewed at City Hall on CP24 said it was so nice of the mayor to be doing this for charity on his own time. :rolleyes: ummm... no.

At least we can pretend to be fair and balanced on this thread. We all know robbie can read. He loves to parse the news while driving the SUV.

Knowing how to do something and wanting to do it are two different things. Robbie, and his handlers prefer the CliffNotes versions of what's going on at best.

thanks for the info. wow, they must really be desperate to unload those dolls/recoop costs if they bothered to set up a website, knowing how tech-challenged/uninterested they are.

One woman I saw being interviewed at City Hall on CP24 said it was so nice of the mayor to be doing this for charity on his own time. :rolleyes: ummm... no.

Some people are just mentally challenged. Ford has done absolutely nothing except tend to his cancer, drug and alcohol consumption/rehab issues, various family problems and campaigning for the last two years. All on the taxpayer dime.

Seems like Rob Ford is now the only one left in the crack-smoking North American mayors club.

TorontoStar 9:45am via Hootsuite
Marion Barry, former Washington, D.C. mayor notorious for crack incident, dead at 78.

Some people are just mentally challenged. Ford has done absolutely nothing except tend to his cancer, drug and alcohol consumption/rehab issues, various family problems and campaigning for the last two years. All on the taxpayer dime.

Definitely not a man I would depend on during an emergency.

The vote was 41-2 ( Rob and Doug ) to transfer that responsibility to the Deputy Mayor.

It was proof ( for those who needed it ) that Council, not the voters, should select the leader responsible for the safety of one-third of Canada's population located within a 160 km radius of Toronto. Sorry if that sounds undemocratic.

I was disappointed when Robin called us, "Crazy Town". But, it's true. We are a heartbeat away from repeating the insanity.

Last edited:
Seems like Rob Ford is now the only one left in the crack-smoking North American mayors club.

TorontoStar 9:45am via Hootsuite
Marion Barry, former Washington, D.C. mayor notorious for crack incident, dead at 78.

The similarities between them are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back