News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 789     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Question: are these wiretap quotes new information?? I don't recall them from previous Brazen 2 ITO releases....then again, it's been awhile.

those wiretap transcripts were released April 3, 2014. I'm sure it was extensively discussed here at the time.

Rob Ford: ‘Your block is dead,’ Lisi threatens Dixon neighbourhood over crack video, wiretap says
Ford friend Elena Basso worried police and mayor’s people would disrupt drug business, document says

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ood_in_wake_of_crack_video_document_says.html

Robbie speaks! Grandstanding about a handful of parking tickets.

The start of Joe W's crapfest of an article:

TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford wants all parking tickets issued to vehicles around Remembrance Day ceremonies ripped up and thrown away.

He also wants answers about why the cars were tagged in the first place?

Why is there a question mark?!?!?!
I understand The Sun doesn't use big words and uses short sentences to appeal to people who aren't such big readers but surely the rules of English grammar still apply, don't they?!
How does this man still have a job? He's just so, so terrible.

Ford also says the police should be respecting veterans, not giving them tickets (even though there's no evidence a vet was given a ticket) but the content of the Warmington-Ford articles is so lame it's almost besides the point at this point. The mere fact of his terrible writing bugs me more at this point, I think.

I understand The Sun doesn't use big words and uses short sentences to appeal to people who aren't such big readers but surely the rules of English grammar still apply, don't they?!

Ya, I found that odd?

But does he do it while in a drunken stupor?

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 32s 32 seconds ago
"He literally works 18 hours a day" Case Ootes on John Tory #TOpoli

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 1m 1 minute ago
"He reads all the manuals before our meetings" Case Ootes on John Tory

Ford also says the police should be respecting veterans, not giving them tickets (even though there's no evidence a vet was given a ticket) but the content of the Warmington-Ford articles is so lame it's almost besides the point at this point. The mere fact of his terrible writing bugs me more at this point, I think.

Perhaps his worship should have been at work and coming up with a traffic plan for RD ceremonies instead? He certainly didn't do it for the past 3 years.

AoD

Because the Sun is terrible, written by terrible people and 'edited' by terrible editors who think 'Hmm, this sentence has the words why and answer in it, and it's about a question, so put a question mark on it. Reported speech whaat?'. A tiny step above people whose instinct is 'Here comes an S at the end of a word - better break out the apostrophes!'.

Rob and Doug have humiliated this city so many times that nothing they say or do shocks me anymore. If they don't show up for work, I consider it a blessing.

I'm simply thankful that during a State of Emergency Mayor Norm Kelly will be in control. Kelly, not Ford, would exercise all authority normally delegated to council for up to 30 days after the emergency declaration.

Nov 15, 2013 - Nov 30, 2014.

Last edited:

TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford wants all parking tickets issued to vehicles around Remembrance Day ceremonies ripped up and thrown away.

He also wants answers about why the cars were tagged in the first place?

The hilarious part is that the very next sentence/paragraph needs a question mark, but doesn't have one?

How many soldiers died in Canada’s wars so that parking officers could issue parking tickets to those gathered to pay homage to them on Remembrance Day.

(Yes, I know there are some contexts where sentences that are phrased as questions end with a period and not a question mark, but I don't think this is one.)

And of course, the next sentence after that continues in the same vein, but actually has a question mark. Yay for consistency!

And just how many tickets did Toronto’s parking assassins write on Nov. 11?

I also like the way that the (now-corrected) misspelling of "Remembrance" in the headline has been immortalized in the article URL (purposely not properly linking it here):
hxxp://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/12/parking-tickets-issued-during-east-york-remebrance-day-parade

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back