1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 764     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion how much stock do 416 members put in the recommendation of the union? Do you think 416 pensioners continue he to vote leftish post retirement? Do you generally think the libs or N DP are closer to labour ideologically speaking? I am OPSEU but I decide candidate by candidate while giving some thought to the union endorsee. Do you think this is typical?

My cousin is a teacher and said her union said they should vote for Chow, but she said the teachers she knows are voting for Tory because he's in the lead.

I just drove by a corner house that had 7 Ford signs. Gross! The neighbourhood losers!

Omg only two more weeks!! Will be interesting to see the final polls. Hopefully someone credible like Ekos weighs in

I just drove by a corner house that had 7 Ford signs. Gross! The neighbourhood losers!

I ride my road bike around Etobicoke a lot and I've noticed most houses with Ford signs have numerous (numerous) signs.

Even last week when I was dropping my wife off at the airport, I drove home along Eglinton from the 401 to Scarlett Rd and every public park was littered in dozens of Ford signs. I counted one corner with 17 Ford signs while waiting at a red light. I think they have either have a lot of spare signs, or are going for "more signs = more votes."

In your opinion how much stock do 416 members put in the recommendation of the union?

They probably do as their told.

It's the City Outside Workers union. Metro Paramedics were forced into it. It was a shotgun marriage, and literally bloody.

Do you think 416 pensioners continue he to vote leftish post retirement?

Other than active and retired Paramedics, I don't talk to Local 416 members. I'm pro-union. I'm not anti-Local 416. I just wish we could have had our own union like the cops, firemen and TTC all do.

As a pensioner, all I ask is low taxes. And a mayor who can step up when the sh!t hits the fan. Right now, of the Big Three, the only one I trust with that responsibility is JT.

I like Ari. He's 20 years younger than JT. I hope to live to see the day when Ari Goldkind becomes our mayor.

Last edited:
I ride my road bike around Etobicoke a lot and I've noticed most houses with Ford signs have numerous (numerous) signs.

Even last week when I was dropping my wife off at the airport, I drove home along Eglinton from the 401 to Scarlett Rd and every public park was littered in dozens of Ford signs. I counted one corner with 17 Ford signs while waiting at a red light. I think they have either have a lot of spare signs, or are going for "more signs = more votes."

They are trying to convince the sheeple vote that Fordz are going to win. So if you don't want to be on the side of the losing sports team, you'd better vote Ford. Cuz you don't want to support the loser do you? That would make you one too.

Give it up, Sheeple! Joe Worms is where it's at. The Toronto Sun has proven for years that Real People are Right Wing. Sell off the parks, transit system, roads, schools and CH itself. And you too might be a billionaire someday goombah!

UTS isn't that hard, they no longer use their own exams. It's just the SSAT. A smart kid with good work ethic and test prep makes it. Though having a solid psycho educational assessment and a good questionnaire help.

The exam they use now tells us nothing about the exam when John Tory took it, which must have been at least 40 years ago.

The debate was delayed by Dionne Renee. Also, Iola is in the crowd and is speaking loudly while the candidates are talking.

Now this is an interesting moderator. Cut Ari off and called him out for not answering the question in the allotted time. In Ari's defense, he was getting to it and responded respectfully to being cut off, but

Debate overall off to a good start despite the shaky and unexpected introduction and messy past 24h. No Ford in the debate is a good thing, even though it appears Ford supporter Iola is in the crowd heckling and talking loudly over candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back