585     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 557     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 688     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"“but if you guys really stick with your roots and not because you’ve known john or he’s a good guy, he doesn’t have an issue, he’s kumbaya,†ford said."

what the hell is he trying to say? This guy literally makes no sense at any time.
fify

It could be that she truly believes on some level that she is Jewish, in some way, after her own fashion. Someone mentioned kabbala. Given her approach to food, maybe she has some kind of esoteric set of spiritual beliefs as well.

Well, IIRC, Danial Dale said that DF is saying his mother in law is Jewish, which, if true, would make his wide Jewish in the matrilineal tradition. You know - the mother in law whose husband was an evangelical Christian. (Perhaps Doug heard at some time that his wife's material grandparents came from Ukraine and were Russian Orthodox and thinks that means that they were Jewish and so his mother in law must be Jewish.)

Oh yes. They think mezuzah are delicious, especially with some of that Passover cider. Almost as good as yarmulke and a glass of tea.

Next Ford Fest at Bathurst and Lawrence!

"My wife is Irish and we have quite an emotional range. It's from begorrah to oy-vey."

Oscar Levant

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 5.10.38 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 5.10.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 5.10.38 PM.png
    510.3 KB · Views: 687
All of this is reminding me of the video where Rob was at a Jewish ceremony (sorry, can't remember exact details) and he looked SOOOO uncomfortable. Ah, good times.

Well it is a Ford ideal as a neighbourhood. Strip malls. Plenty of parking. Distinctly unpleasant for pedestrians.

"Rob Ford" is a top 10 trend on Yahoo. The first story mentioned links to the Jewish issue.

CityNews Toronto @CityNews
Forum is releasing a brand new mayoral poll tonight. The details will be broadcast on Citynews at 11 p.m. and on CityNews.ca. #TOpoli

Let me guess, Doug will be tied with Tory...

Last edited:
Well, IIRC, Danial Dale said that DF is saying his mother in law is Jewish, which, if true, would make his wide Jewish in the matrilineal tradition. You know - the mother in law whose husband was an evangelical Christian. (Perhaps Doug heard at some time that his wife's material grandparents came from Ukraine and were Russian Orthodox and thinks that means that they were Jewish and so his mother in law must be Jewish.)

That sounds like the most likely explaination.

What about her maternal grandparents? If her maternal grandmother was Jewish then her mother is and Karla is, in the matrilineal tradition. Per Danial Dale (a rather reliable source and fact-checker), Karla's mother (DF's mother in law) is Jewish.

No, per Daniel Dale Doug said Karla's mother is Jewish. There is a world of difference between those two statements.

ETA: Sorry pud! I've been beaten to this by lots of others. Was way behind in the thread, didn't mean to seem like I'm piling on.

Last edited:
No, per Daniel Dale Doug said Karla's mother is Jewish. There is a world of difference between those two statements.
Given that whatever follows "Doug said" is generally untrue, I think we know where to go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back