680     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 604     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 744     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh noes, the winter. When people have to walk. And dress warmly. And look at the transit schedules. I am so tired of this feigned helplessness masquerading as a reason why people won't do things.

Be kind to him - he is used driving in an SUV to work and park at a designated spot everyday. What would he know about the lived lives of other "average folk"?

AoD

That may be the most hilarious misfire of a press conference I've ever seen. Would that I could be there to heckle too...

Maybe next week!

Even Doug seemed like he couldn't believe the crap he was spewing today. I think that dude who got up in his business rattled him. It's not hard and I hope to see more of it.

This. Me too. I just can't figure it. Dung Ford is garbage. Chow is a decent human being (albeit she has disappointed me). Nope, I don't get it.
Every time a new poll comes out I'm shocked that Doug is ahead of Olivia. I can't get used to the idea that more than 25% of the people around me are fucking crazy enough to vote for either of the Fords. I wish I hadn't heard about the crazification factor, I look at people a little differently these days.:(

Every time a new poll comes out I'm shocked that Doug is ahead of Olivia. I can't get used to the idea that more than 25% of the people around me are fucking crazy enough to vote for either of the Fords. I wish I hadn't heard about the crazification factor, I look at people a little differently these days.:(

Well, on the brighter side, said group is prone to self-identification.

AoD

And you know, really, there's no fix on it….

I had to use my car the other day. Was behind a van sporting a FordMayor decal. We both turned off the Bayview extension to River. I turned right, he turned left. Red light. I looked closely at him. No mullet cut. No missing teeth. No patchy skin that would evidence malnutrition or neglect. In summary, perfectly normal looking. All except for that decal on the back of his SUV - evidence of air starvation at the formative stages. Look for that.

Catching up, so apologies if this has been covered: Removal from office (declaring the office vacant) is mandatory if the court finds that there was a violation of the Act. Judge has no choice.

That's a bit of good news then. However if the court does find there was a violation, would the timing make removal from office moot, since Rob is no longer running in the merryl race and Doug's low chances. Or does it apply to all public office? Rob is still technically a MINO a short time after oct 27 no? I mean I'll still take that scenario if that happens, just to see the metaphorical boot print on the Ford's ass being thrown out of office. All metaphorical, of course.

Judge has discretion under the Act on whether to ban from running: not at all or for anywhere between 1 day and 7 years.

Why do I get the feeling the Fords probably won't get the max 7.

Doug Ford to call imminent presser informing public that he too--indeed the whole Ford clan, including his brother (who resumes chemo today)--is Jewish. Which he would have mentioned at the debate if that mean, waspy, elitist, anti Fordite, anti-semite, (and possible anti-dentite) John Tory hadn't interrupted him.

Last edited:
No doubt John Tory is a rabid anti-dentite. We've already established that he supports separate schools.

(I'm sad that there will be a day not long from now that no one will get these Seinfeld references...)

Me too. I would not call myself a progressive and can't see myself voting for her if I lived in the city, but I am baffled that her numbers are so far behind DoFo. How can such a plainly unsuitable and unlikeable jerk poll so much higher than a thinking, reasonable, credible candidate with her experience? I do confess though that I have looked at people differently for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back