News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
the election will boil down to a ugly fight over toronto's basest instincts
i was at the arts debate today, and i remain optimistic that we can behave as adults

even dougie was on his best behaviour, although he had little to contribute

morgan and ari won the day

olivia, believe it or not, pulled out a transit plan on a napkin -- at an arts debate -- and there's a great photo circulating on twitter with morgan doing a full two-handed facepalm in reaction

Totally agree GeekGirl. Jude works hard to make Toronto a better place to live, so if she says something is coming, I believe her. I also agree with expat that it probably won't impact the outcome of the election, but at this point in the Ford Follies, who the fuck knows.

I'm not familiar with Jude, thanks for this.

John Doyle of the Globe and Mail likens Doug for more to Benito Mussolini rather than the Kennedys:

"Doug Ford doesn’t remind me of a Kennedy. More like Benito Mussolini, to my mind. The same hunger for whipping up a crowd with hate and aggression. Not that anybody’s going to say that on TV." John Doyle: Master-cheese theatre – how the Fords manipulate media Sunday, Sep. 28 2014)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...w-the-fords-manipulate-media/article20807429/

Good article, thank you, I just have one question, "Doc, will I still be able to play the piano?"

Slightly off-topic -- as a public service to anyone reading here who has ever run afoul of Sandro Lisi, I would like to let you know that there are people who want to help.

~~~

Dorval family fights bed bugs

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/Quebec/ID/2535747186/

The Maloneys are family of entomologists that run an ecological pest control business in Dorval. Recently they invented a self-sterilizing bed that kills bed bugs. They told Homerun's Sue Smith how it works.

I forgot that there was a debate tonight. Is Doug there?

Looks like a full house
@Dean4Ward3 4m4 minutes ago
We need more Res Assoc like @Markland_Wood where they have a standing room only crowd tonight @ETGuardian

ByvLaPPCcAA-acl.jpg

seems Tory is there. I think it's also supposed to have a debate for the ward candidates?

Isn't Markland the area Robbie was seen wandering around in his dungarees recently?

An aside, and I'm likely late to this observation but I wonder what Robbie was really concerned about when he thought Dale was taking pictures of his backyard? What do you suppose he was up to that evening?

Last edited:
Looks like a full house
@Dean4Ward3 4m4 minutes ago
We need more Res Assoc like @Markland_Wood where they have a standing room only crowd tonight @ETGuardian

ByvLaPPCcAA-acl.jpg

seems Tory is there. I think it's also supposed to have a debate for the ward candidates?

so this is Ward 3 - where Rob was "canvassing" the other night?

It isn't a formal debate. Various candidates can have their turn to speak. Tory got a good reception.

betsy powell @powellbetsy
Markland Wood Residents Association have assembled quite a roster tonight at St. Clement Church. Thirty mayoral and city councillors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back