446     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 587     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. The K-Fos have some weird taste buds, I guess, what with that 'clean eating' goop that Karla posted on IG and Kayla's recipe for steamed oats I just saw (pumpkin seeds, stevia, sugar-free syrup and salted caramel?!).

Not Kayla - her sister Kyla.

Reading though Kyla's public Instagram feed is... unsettling. It starts out exclusively as pics of nasty-looking food simulacra, and within two years it's just selfies of her at -2% body fat. She's definitely fit, but if it weren't for the muscles it would look like an eating disorder PSA.

I so agree with this. Do you think Ari will get any traction from today's debate? Check out what Chow did below.

I don't know if Ari Goldkind will get a % bump from today. He had the "nothing to lose" advantage, and while a lot of his debating performance was quite good IMO, he also had some too clever by half moments. My bet right now is he may get a modest increase, but very low probability of him pulling off a Nenshi at this stage of the game.

Doug is still Doug, even in trying to summon the salesman schtick he's still combative, just shifts into passive aggressive. That 'ok guys...settle down' and the Austin music festival bit, that was still Doug IMO thinking he's CEO of whatever room he walks into.

Chow's 'drawing' bit was painful to watch for me.

Casita mentioned a stress interview, there is a Japanese word for it which I forget, but iirc it was made illegal because the practice was abused. However, I think the basic idea might have something. The candidates doesn't have to be hazed or stressed to the point of serious injury or anything. But this head on candidate vs candidate aspect of the race seems to be increasingly overplayed I think. I'd rather see a process where the candidates face test situations which reflects some of the conditions the jobs actually have.

INB4 2018 Toronto Merryl race becomes a season of Takeshi's castle.

View attachment 34692View attachment 34693
https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/516651696957947904/photo/1

I like the transit system in Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia. Some of the stations are works of art. And very clean. The people look pretty fit, I guess from using rapid transit. Why can't we have nice things?

Pic on the left is from MetroMan.

Because she knows she'll be free in a few months.

Too soon?

I won't repost it, but someone photo-shopped a very grim picture of Robbie in Rexdale. < shudder >

Last edited:
Not Kayla - her sister Kyla.

Reading though Kyla's public Instagram feed is... unsettling. It starts out exclusively as pics of nasty-looking food simulacra, and within two years it's just selfies of her at -2% body fat. She's definitely fit, but if it weren't for the muscles it would look like an eating disorder PSA.

Ah, I bet even DoFo mixes their names up sometimes. I guess they all got a K___a name to honour their mom. Maybe if they'd had four sons they'd Doug Jr, Dave, Dale and Don or something. Brr.

Kyla's food doesn't look appetizing and she doesn't look healthy.

There's something about Karla's striving for 'clean' food and perfect health that feels like overcompensating for something.

I don't know if Ari Goldkind will get a % bump from today. He had the "nothing to lose" advantage, and while a lot of his debating performance was quite good IMO, he also had some too clever by half moments. My bet right now is he may get a modest increase, but very low probability of him pulling off a Nenshi at this stage of the game.

Doug is still Doug, even in trying to summon the salesman schtick he's still combative, just shifts into passive aggressive. That 'ok guys...settle down' and the Austin music festival bit, that was still Doug IMO thinking he's CEO of whatever room he walks into.

Casita mentioned a stress interview, there is a Japanese word for it which I forget, but iirc it was made illegal because the practice was abused. However, I think the basic idea might have something. The candidates doesn't have to be hazed or stressed to the point of serious injury or anything. But this head on candidate vs candidate aspect of the race seems to be increasingly overplayed I think. I'd rather see a process where the candidates face test situations which reflects some of the conditions the jobs actually have.

INB4 2018 Toronto Merryl race becomes a season of Takeshi's castle.

Lol Takeshi! I can't believe someone else knows about that!

I just want to say Olivia was doing well up until that point, and this will be the moment everyone refers to when talk about this campaign.

It really depends how it is reported. How many people were in attendance? How many people watched? If only a couple of hundred people saw the debate, it's not going to cause anyone a bump unless they see a compelling news clip that makes them think someone is wonderful/horrible.

I doubt that many people determined their 2010 vote based on Rob's debate performance. Instead, they heard "stop the gravy train" and thought he was the best person to vote for to keep their taxes low. Sigh.

It goes back to the mayor's role in Toronto's Emergency Plan. In how they would react to that dreaded 3 AM telephone call telling them to get their ass out of bed, your car and driver will be there in 5 minutes.

MET 001 ( the chairman's limo ) was equipped with lights and siren hidden behind the grill for such occasions.

( Interesting to note that at one time 255 NYC officials were equipped with emergency lights and sirens on their cars. )
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/21/n...d-lights-from-cars-of-255-city-officials.html

Fine, but at least provide sufficient details so we can find it ourselves.

It was a skull superimposed over his head. It creeped me out a bit, so I imagine it would others as well.

Last edited:
It really depends how it is reported. How many people were in attendance? How many people watched? If only a couple of hundred people saw the debate, it's not going to cause anyone a bump unless they see a compelling news clip that makes them think someone is wonderful/horrible.

You're correct regarding the numbers game aspect, making a splash is one thing, making serious waves is another. I still think Goldkind may receive a bit more attention, but whether that is enough to move his % in a significant way, maybe not.

I doubt that many people determined their 2010 vote based on Rob's debate performance. Instead, they heard "stop the gravy train" and thought he was the best person to vote for to keep their taxes low. Sigh.

2010 Rob repeated a catchy sound bite like a mantra, and he was able to keep it on message with relative laser like focus. I think there were other things like timing and mood of the city and other factors, things that aren't necessarily quantifiable in an easy manner but definitely does exists.

It was a skull superimposed over his head. It creeped me out a bit, so I imagine it would others as well.

To paraphrase: He's not dead yet! Some folks (not you, Casita, nor anyone here in particular) should dial back and let the doctors determine Rob's health status. I'm all for the postings we've had from medical sources and personal experiences. But for the time being, Rob is only an ex-mayor, not an ex-mayor.

2010 Rob repeated a catchy sound bite like a mantra, and he was able to keep it on message with relative laser like focus. I think there were other things like timing and mood of the city and other factors, things that aren't necessarily quantifiable in an easy manner but definitely does exists.
Absolutely! I was just commenting on the debate factor. :)
It's frustrating that there are so many debates but really, how many (if any) does the average voter see/hear?

I think there were other things like timing and mood of the city and other factors, things that aren't necessarily quantifiable in an easy manner but definitely does exists.

"Folks" were still mad about the 2009 strike.

Mayor Miller had to fight the sick bank battle because the public demanded it. Ford never explained ( as far as I know ) if he would have handled the situation any differently, had he been mayor at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back