4.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Doug never intended to show up for this one. He's just playing the game to get better media coverage for himself and his dog whistle. As far as I can tell, Doug has no interest in winning the mayoralty. He just wants to invigorate the nation and create a kind of Fifth Column for next wave of Ford madness.

I bet even if they gave FN freebie tickets, the cost of policing them would be more.

Easy solution to the debate issue: make them all free but hold them in churches. I doubt Ford Nation would show up to yell racist and idiotic things in the house of the lord. Therefore, Doug probably won't show up, either.

Whereas I bet they would.

Apparently, what is good for Rob isn't good enough for Doug!

Are they paid in $20 bills?

And see I don't get why this doesn't make the news? Every day that he pulls shit, publish proof he was lying. How hard is that really in this Twitter era for journalists to catch onto? Grrr. TGIF

Doug's turning this election into a gong show. I think, personal lives aside, Doug is way worse than Rob.

I also think she got greedy and saw all those potential votes sitting around from people who voted for Ford last time but wouldn't be repeating their mistake. She (and Karen Stintz, as well) wanted those people on board so badly they soft-pedaled the Ford attacks (don't want to insult the people who voted for him), and played up the nonsense "respect for taxpayers" stuff. That is so NOT what anyone who dislikes Ford wanted to see, and makes no sense anyway, since anyone conservative enough to vote for Ford four years ago is never going to even consider voting for someone like Olivia Chow.

I'm not so sure that she was going after Ford voters - she was clear early on that Ford was a 'failed mayor', that it was 'time for the circus to pack up its tent'. I think the 'respect for taxpayers' and 'value of a dollar' nonsense was about attracting potential Tory votes, not Ford votes.

In any case, Olivia's overplay to the right was to balance off the perception of her leftiness, thereby supposedly landing her somewhere in the centre. It was an unbelievably stupid move. And completely unnecessary: as one columnist has pointed out, Olivia was attracting over 50% of the vote before she announced her run, when the ONLY thing people knew her as was an NDP stalwart.

Doug's turning this election into a gong show. I think, personal lives aside, Doug is way worse than Rob.

Cause he's been given the go ahead to run things the way he always wanted to. I bet Rob would decline his ideas too much or, they were bungled as Rob executed them...leading to the fights. Doug has a more pointed focus on evil.

Sorry, did Amin say Doug was at City hall this morning?

I could have swore I saw that prick outside of Deco in his MR. Deco-plated SUV at 9:30 and his car still there when I drove by again at 11:40 this morning.

I would have thought he would have been out canvassing or something.

Last edited:
Cause he's been given the go ahead to run things the way he always wanted to. I bet Rob would decline his ideas too much or, they were bungled as Rob executed them...leading to the fights. Doug has a more pointed focus on evil.

Doug is much more committed to the 'run the city like a business' and Six Sigma banter, although it's probably a front for disaster capitalism: decry municipal politics as corrupt and debased, get elected, wreck the system from the inside, turn it over to business interests/mob buddies.

Rob is just in it because he likes to be liked. He doesn't have the smarts to follow through on any political ideas and he doesn't have the patience or understanding to follow procedures.

So basically, the business community isn't made up of "real people." They are the ones who make things happen in this city...

He was willing to let Rob be laughed at but he won't subject himself to that humiliation. No debates unless he can stack the audience, plain and simple.

I think she's mentally ill and needs to see a doctor. No joke.

She certainly seems to have a talent for disrupting things by braying nonsense.

http://www.tcdsb.org/Board/Trustees...Achievement Committee/May 8, 2014/Minutes.pdf

Iola Fortino, parent of Brebeuf College School made a presentation to the Committee regarding
Back to Basics @ TCDSB Complaint – Math.
The presentation was abandoned.

I can only imagine this was some kind of half-witted rant about math teaching methods being too gay or not making sufficient use of rosaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back