442     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 972     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! So the evidence, which would be the product of the warrant, could still be there...

Yep. But unless and until some use is made of it (e.g., in a further ITO to request some other warrant, in support of a charge laid) only the police and the Crown would know what evidence was obtained through the execution of the warrant. (Similarly, the public does not know what evidence was obtained from Apple though the execution of the warrant relating to Lisi's iPhone, and will never find out unless some use is made of that evidence.)

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.42.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.42.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.42.36 AM.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 850
So Project Brazen II was not going anywhere, then a 2nd crack video is made and the police consider arresting Ford for drug possession and assault. Does that explain why Ford made the quick escape to "rehab"? Because he felt the "heat" and was worried an arrest would happen? Maybe that's why he tried to flee to the US, perhaps thinking an arrest could be avoided, but the TPS contacted customs and told them not to let Ford through?

So according to the Post's cutline the photo with Smith was taken the same night as the crack video. I thought it was always reported it was a different night!

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is shown in photo that is believed to be a frame from the first video alleged to show Ford smoking crack cocaine. It shows Anthony Smith, left, Mayor Rob Ford, centre, and Muhammad Khattak, right at 15 Windsor Road, Etobicoke.

"She was born with a silver flask in her mouth."
Oscar Levant

As Sid Jeffers, in Humoresque (the film version). As wonderful as Oscar was, I think that this line was in the Clifford Odets play that was adapted into the film.

Another gem from Oscar's character: "Tell me, Mrs. Wright,
[*] does your husband interfere with your marriage?"

[*Helen Wright, played by Joan Crawford]

So Project Brazen II was not going anywhere, then a 2nd crack video is made and the police consider arresting Ford for drug possession and assault. Does that explain why Ford made the quick escape to "rehab"? Because he felt the "heat" and was worried an arrest would happen? Maybe that's why he tried to flee to the US, perhaps thinking an arrest could be avoided, but the TPS contacted customs and told them not to let Ford through?

When it happened, I remember one poster saying that since Brazen was an active police investigation which also included the OPP at the time, Rob being one of the named persons-of-interest would have come up on a standard database search by US Customs/Immigration.

Why would Rob worry about a possession charge for a pipeful of crack? The damage was already done by the still photos in The Globe. What do the cops give these days for less than half a gram of coke? Wwould one really skip the country?

Conversely, what would have Mayor McRofo done if he'd gotten into the US,but couldn't come back without facing an arrest? Rule by remote control?

When it happened, I remember one poster saying that since Brazen was an active police investigation which also included the OPP at the time, Rob being one of the named persons-of-interest would have come up on a standard database search by US Customs/Immigration.

I think that merely having been named in an ITO would not have gotten Ford into any police or border security database. All that the border control agent at the private flight terminal in Chicago needed in order to tell Robbie that he would be at risk of being expelled if he did not accept the offer to be allowed to withdraw voluntarily were the widely published/broadcast reports of Robbie admitting to using crack. (Just as all that the US border control agent posted at Heathrow needed to refuse entry to Nigella Lawson were the widely published/broadcast reports of her testimony admitting to using blow.)

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.17.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.17.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.17.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.17.02 AM.png
    29 KB · Views: 855
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.17.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.17.14 AM.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 814
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back