191     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 489     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://matthewremski.com/wordpress/rob-ford-emotional-whiplash-and-the-suburban-medieval/

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 1.24.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 1.24.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 1.24.10 PM.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 829
Now there is someone who if naturalized would be a shoo in for mayor....Pinball

I never met him personally, but I really like what he does for charity, and he seems to genuinely like TO. He seems like an excellent goodwill ambassador. That being said, I think I want to see less emphasis on fame and just name recognition. I know that sounds unrealistic, considering I understand that many people votes on a candidate's personality as well as their policies. And I'm still kind of reeling over what kind of % Socknaki got in this race.

But I had enough of merryl selfies and OMG look the merryl is on Kimmel, hey the U.S. is paying attention to us! type of politics. Is it too much for me to ask that I want a no drama candidate, someone who genuinely likes the city and doesn't treat is as hardcore left vs right, suburb vs downtown, and who doesn't have an ongoing police investigation following them. Jeesus, it's 2014 in TO and the bar is set this low.

Pinball Clemons is a dual citizen (I don't think we have rules a la the POTUS that one must be born to lead the good city of Toronto). That said, while I know the guy does lots of good and appears to be a great person, he bugs the hell out of me. I think it's because I'm naturally suspicious of people who appear incredibly happy/enthusiastic all the time. It would be amusing to hear him pep talk council (I'm sure they'll need it).

I never met him personally, but I really like what he does for charity, and he seems to genuinely like TO. He seems like an excellent goodwill ambassador. That being said, I think I want to see less emphasis on fame and just name recognition. I know that sounds unrealistic, considering I understand that many people votes on a candidate's personality as well as their policies. And I'm still kind of reeling over what kind of % Socknaki got in this race.

But I had enough of merryl selfies and OMG look the merryl is on Kimmel, hey the U.S. is paying attention to us! type of politics. Is it too much for me to ask that I want a no drama candidate, someone who genuinely likes the city and doesn't treat is as hardcore left vs right, suburb vs downtown, and who doesn't have an ongoing police investigation following them. Jeesus, it's 2014 in TO and the bar is set this low.

I ran into him once at a convenience store in Oakville. I think he lives there.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

I SAW ONE IN THE WILD! I'm always south of Eglinton and east of Dufferin so I don't actually see any, but I SAW ONE! She was old and weathered and buying lottery tickets. At the Yonge-Eglinton Centre of all places - what a midtown elitist!

I was thinking to myself, "yeah voting Ford kinda is like playing the lottery"

Sorry for the pointless post :D

Wow, stone-wash jeans. And the T-shirt over the hoodie ... wonder if there was a FN event nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back