75     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 257     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I know there's this problem of the city integrity commissioner getting angry at me, so I think I have figured out a way to put a stop to Those complaints! Forget cleaning up my act, how about we just get rid of the integrity commissioner himself! That's easy, and less of a burden on the taxpayers!!!

subways

/sarcasm

It's just mind boggling.

I can't imagine how anyone can defend him. Forget the stuff he did before he was elected. The lying, stealing, and corruption since he became mayor is just shocking. And now he wants to get rid of people he is by law required to have.

What next, will he solve our high crime rates by getting rid of the police force? That would lower the crime stats.

According to the same Fordian logic, a fire can also be put out by pulling the batteries out of the smoke detector.

He's doing a great job, lefties can whine all they want, I cannot wait till this next election, Ford supporters are more galvanized than ever in this city.

Actually I cannot wait till the court ruling, and following that, his next court appearance over his campaign financing. Defending the indefensible (read: using city resources for his personal benefit, with a paper trail to prove it) just makes his supporters looks like a bunch of inept hypocrites who should be chased out of town along with his worship. Walk the talk.

AoD

Last edited:
Fair enough, though I think the latest bit about Deco and Bosco is a far worse taint than this procedural case. No gotcha moment for those two.

AoD

He's doing a great job ...
A great job? How can anyone be so utterly ignorant to think that? The guy is facing being thrown out of office for corruption when the judge rules shortly. Meanwhile there's evidence of further corruption. He's been caught in so many lies that we've lost count. And now, after being found guilty of breaking ethics guidelines AGAIN, he's suggesting that Toronto break the law by getting rid of the integrity commissioner.

And that's ignoring his personal failings, criminal record, and family problems.

No one can seriously believe he is doing a good job - and I can only conclude anyone with any familiarity with this city coming here and stating this must be trolling.

All eight of us? Really that’s your comeback? 380,201 of us voted for him last time around, hopefully that number increases next time around. Next up land transfer tax, he gets rid of that joke and he'll go down as a legend.

LOL!!! That's such a lame statement, so now Rob Ford supporters are kkk members now? Great theory you sound like a very bright person. The anti-Ford types on this board are really hitting new low's. I'm not white btw, i hope i didnt ruin your amazing post.

His comments might be out of line, but to label those who oppose Ford on the same basis is just as lame, and just avoids the issue of his worships transgressions and the willingness of his core supporters to turn a blind eye to gravy. Race has nothing to do with it.

AoD

He's doing a great job, lefties can whine all they want, I cannot wait till this next election, Ford supporters are more galvanized than ever in this city.
Toronto's biggest problem, by far, is public transit/traffic and if you think the way Ford is dealing with it is great, you must have no understanding of the issue.

How can you build the most expensive type of transit, put it in the lowest density area and tell people they will not have to pay extra, to build it? The fact that Ford has been lying all along about transit (where are his private funders? Even his developer friends refused to help out) and it's funding, makes him a terrible mayor because at some point, we will run out of options and it will end up costing us so much more to build that public transit. Ford Nation is so happy to save a few dollars now but you can only delay infrastructure needs so long, before it comes back to bite you. Wait and see, the ballooning costs of public transit, lack of infrastructure repairs and worsening traffic, will be Ford's true legacy.

In years to come, I have no doubt, that Ford will be viewed by most, to be Toronto's worst mayor. (if that's not already the case)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back