123     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 341     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the best fucking presser ever. "Shhh! Shhh! One at a time!" like a bunch of kids.

"Yes, the pancreas is in the middle of the abdomen... your anatomy's not too bad. Well, if you want an anatomy lesson, your colon starts at your rectum, goes up the left side, goes up here, then down the right side... it's all over the place."

"I'm not a believer in, uh, stress-related masses."

He made the reporters all sound like idiots. I think he hated having to do that. So much respect for that man. If I ever have a mass in my anything, I want that man to treat me while subtly talking down to me.

but back when Devlin was trashing Tory, John Tory was still a Ford family friend himself, no? I think he was still defending Rob on his radio show halfway through 2013.

remember this?

As for that political franchise, few knew that the Fords had a long-term game plan. John Tory discovered it in 2003, when he was running for mayor against David Miller. Advised that he ought to seek out the blessing of Ford’s father, who was then regarded as the reigning power broker in Etobicoke, Tory arranged a lunch date with the retired MPP. When he arrived, he found Doug Sr. waiting to size him up along with Diane and all three of their burly blond sons. After an hour of pleasant chatter, Diane Ford got to the point. “She said, ‘Well, we think you’re a pretty good fellow and we’re going to support you for mayor,’ †Tory recalls. “ ‘You can serve for a couple of terms and then it’ll be Robbie’s turn.’ â€

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2012/05/15/rob-ford-the-weirdest-mayoralty-ever/5/

it's like they just got the order backwards.

Oh, FFS. Really? Like you can't find older clips on YouTube in which she speaks with pretty much the same accent that she has now?

And yes, you're right: if the Cantonese-speaking electorate were that important, she'd be all over the Asian media and at all the Asian events, which I don't think has been the case.

If anything, I think her accent has become less obvious, almost as if she's worked on it.

also remember that those that pick on someone for how they speak another language, usually only know one language themselves.

What's the basis for describing the head of the hospital as a family friend? I've seen it mentioned here a couple times, but is it anything more than speculation based on being in the same part of town and members of the Conservative Party?

devlin's time as pc party leader overlaps with doug sr. being an mpp...

Before this happened, everyone PM'ed basic a guess at what percentage of the vote Ford would get. I guess it is too late to do one for whether he drops out tomorrow.

I remember years ago asking a lady patient why she tried to finish herself off. She told me, that her shrink told her, "Maybe life isn't for everyone."
Wow. If, indeed, a psychiatrist/psychologist said this, he/she should lose their licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back