News   Jul 17, 2024
 556     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 949     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
All tinfoil hat:

I've personally had a speculation that Olivia would drop out. What if the Fords caught wind that Olivia would drop out, leaving zero left wing representation, and thus no-one remaining to split the vote three ways, likely giving Tory a much bigger potential lead? The threat of Ford leaving might convince Olivia to stay in, and continue to split the vote, especially considering the only major candidate the left might agree on (Soks) just dropped out.

I don't doubt he has a tumour. But I also think he sat on his health issues in hopes of getting past the election. I also think he's selfish enough to stay in the race, regardless and health be damned(though Ford Nation will of course, consider this selflessness for the taxpayer). It feeds the tenacity that FN loves, and feeds his ego.

That said, it's just a what if. I stand by my earlier post that it's the end of the Ford political era.

Anyone dare to photoshop a Ford Mayor casket?

Too soon?

Edit: The moment the FoFam are seen exploiting this situation will be the moment this "joke" can be discussed. Hopefully the joke can be suspended indefinitely - but with this family you are never out of the woods, er park, er crack house...

Last edited:
A different, scary possibility for those seeking a "strategic" voting decision, and one which I've offered before: that RoFo drops off the ballot and DoFo&Co. endorse...John Tory.

Which, in effect, would make this the nearest approximation to the "Ford reelection" scenario many fear.

Oh, and in the meantime, be prepared for more CN Tower types lashing out at "haters" like they were the horrible schoolteachers what molested them...

I think Tory would respectfully decline the endorsement.

Anyone dare to photoshop a Ford Mayor casket?

What I said really isn't about idealizing his physical demise - but to put a stake in the heart on the notion that capitalizing illness (and other taboos) for gain is beyond them. It is not. Furthermore, their supporters willingness to overlook these acts of grade A taboos makes their lecturing of ethics and morality problematical at best.

AoD

Last edited:
A different, scary possibility for those seeking a "strategic" voting decision, and one which I've offered before: that RoFo drops off the ballot and DoFo&Co. endorse...John Tory.

IHTWOMRF would have an aneurism.

Or just completely act like that was the plan all along.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Last edited:
Too soon?

Edit: The moment the FoFam are seen exploiting this situation will be the moment this "joke" can be discussed. Hopefully the joke can be suspended indefinitely - but with this family you are never out of the woods, er park, er crack house...

Well, they certainly can't complain if Tory hands out magnets at his funeral.

It seems once again we're faced with a situation that looks sketchy from a number of angles but skates on plausible deniability (the mysterious missing toe injury, the Humber fundraiser, the hospital CEO's involvement and anti-Tory connections), that looks like another ploy to milk for any and all advantage (the nick-of-time timing, the press conference called to announce a non-diagnosis and demand privacy).

If we the public are supposed to be respectful and sympathetic at this time, it would be nice if FOR ONCE the Fords appeared to be conducting themselves with honesty and dignity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back