1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 545     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has CP24 apologized to viewers for that? Kids were watching and the channel is aired in stores and such.

CP24 is on a 7 second delay, and producers have the ability to block this from going to air, unfortunately the majority of them are so stupid, they can't figure out how to push the button.

CP24 is on a 7 second delay, and producers have the ability to block this from going to air, unfortunately the majority of them are so stupid, they can't figure out how to push the button.

I wonder if CP2Ford will be fined for that?

You just knew he was plotting his revenge when RoFo had him walked out.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

View attachment 33230

Last edited:

I bet the CRTC or some other people get on their case for this.

Chow is a weak candidate. Many hard-core NDP will support the person carrying their brand no matter how weak (see Joe Pants), and do so vigorously enough that if your media hangouts run towards the slightly more thoughtful you'd think them the overwhelming choice, but in most places the NDP runs third party. Her consideration of transit questions seems to begin and end at that mother trying to get her stroller on to a rush hour bus. For her the most pressing concern for municipal affairs seems to be about expanding after-school and breakfast programs. She doesn't seem to offer much more than Janet Davis, Paula Fletcher and Pam McConnell, although that might be a bit unfair to McConnell, whose conception of the city might run somewhat broader than the others. There's certainly a place for the initiatives they advocate, but there is question for how much of that should be on the municipal tax base and to what degree such social reform should consume the work of city government. There are a lot of big challenges facing the city, and Chow just seems limited in how much of it might capture her attention.

I've been griping all along about how disappointing it has been that the best Toronto could do to combat Ford was dredge up a couple known but lacklustre names like Tory and Chow. Somehow I thought the shock of Ford would have inspired a more dynamic response.

I'd argue, but I this is off-topic for the thread

It's so weird, and maybe an indication of why CP24 is the weakest of the weak in its presentation of the Ford sickness. First you give a convicted rapist airtime. Then, having decided that's okay, you decide to mention to his face that he's a convicted rapist. And then, having done that, you're shocked that a convicted rapist would use choice language on live TV.

I bet the CRTC or some other people get on their case for this.

Someone just has to complain to the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council. If CP2Ford is a member of the council, they would get notice of the complaint. I'm not 100% sure of how it works, but those CBSC notices run every so often on various radio stations, promoting that members of the council strive for the highest standards in broadcasting.

It's so weird, and maybe an indication of why CP24 is the weakest of the weak in its presentation of the Ford sickness. First you give a convicted rapist airtime. Then, having decided that's okay, you decide to mention to his face that he's a convicted rapist. And then, having done that, you're shocked that a convicted rapist would use choice language on live TV.

And then after the convicted rapist tells you to go fuck yourself you ask "So, what can we expect from your show tonight?"

Just brutal.

Maybe Downer was told not to touch that topic and did so anyways just to see what would happen.

Doubt it, crtc is stacked with ex bell executives.

Well, at least it was recorded!

Someone just has to complain to the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council. If CP2Ford is a member of the council, they would get notice of the complaint. I'm not 100% sure of how it works, but those CBSC notices run every so often on various radio stations, promoting that members of the council strive for the highest standards in broadcasting.

Yes, I remember those TV ads from when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back