735     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 597     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Ford seems the "I'm taking my ball and going home"-type guy—if he isn't consumed by his habits—I very much see him saying "f-it" to politics and dropping all political aspirations for good, leaving a horde of lost and broken Nationals in the lurch. Maybe then they'd clue in like Walter White that it was only ever about feeding his ego, and not the people he claimed to have done it for.

Maybe he will sign on with Sun News. That is what failed Republicans do with Fox.

Assuming Sun News survives - it's another one of those TV stations that do the tough talk but can't handle the free market. Besides, recall that his show only lasted a week. He might have a future with VisionTV though!

AoD

Last edited:
Assuming Sun News survives - it's another one of those TV stations that do the tough talk but can't handle the free market.

AoD

It would help the Sun News market if their target market had digital cable and flat screens instead of rabbit ears and CRT's?

Well, with Worms invoking the Palin pile-on in 2008, he's really crossed the line into Sun/Fox-nutter territory.

But back to Ford--I do wonder what's up with his tongue

images

It would help the Sun News market if their target market had digital cable and flat screens instead of rabbit ears and CRT's?

I tried watching it once and it looked like it was shot with a potato. So much for an "HD" signal...

Herding cats.

Hahaha!

Hey Jude: Is today's Globe story what you were referring to? Or do you have something entirely different up your sleeve?

Or if that's too specific, do you have a time frame in mind? This week? Next week? Midnight tonight?

Here's the thing about the Mikey photo.

Apparently his last job of any note was as a counsellor at Kandelore. That's a reasonably respectable canoe camp, i.e., older kids go out on 21-day trips with not a lot besides what they can carry. The old adage is 'Go in soft, come out a nail'. When I was doing that shit, Kandalore had the rep of being a little lux, but still they travelled.

You'd be up in Temagami doing some loop and, damn, there they were: The Kandalore kids going for the prime real estate you were gunning for. So you'd have to race for it, paddling hard to stake your place. Winner take all. And, if you got their first, you'd take your prize. You got lean. A little mean. And while this happened infrequently, it occurred enough that it's memory-etched. But after one of those trips, and later ones at Wanipitei where you'd go further, there wasn't a single kid who didn't drop at least 8 kg., gain a new physique and an entirely new perspective.

Maybe Mike stayed at base with the younger kids, but to be a counsellor there you surely had to go hard at least once or twice. And that would stay with you. Muscle memory and all. So that photo makes me sad. He's a kid who, while having great advantage, has also encountered unspeakable tragedy. And he is about to possibly step into, or be annointed to, a role of civic responsibility for which he's wholly unqualified, unprepared and unsuitable. He's a good candidate for gout, though.

TL/DR: He'll never be a nail, is all.

Yep.

My question is who do they have working at The Stun due to content like this:

"Council rejected extending the Sheppard subway and opted instead to revive the plan for the Sheppard LRT that Ford tried to cancel in 2010. Metrolinx is currently planning the light-rail transit line now."

How can you revive something that was not cancelled?

Could it be the Sun is referring to Ford's cancellation of Transit City right after he took office? I recall it was eventually found that the didn't have the authority to cancel it, but he did, putting the brakes on all the lines (including Sheppard LRT) that were in the pipeline.

Speaking of Mikey ... I keep seeing that he graduated in 2010. He is currently 20 so unless he is so gifted he skipped grades, there's no way he graduated in 2010. In fact, I have it on very good authority he was in grade 12 in 2012 and returned for a 5th year during the 2012/2013 academic year. Therefore, his Humber College career is all of one year old. I hear he went back for the fifth because his marks were not good enough to be accepted into Humber, which has a cut off of 60%. Can the media not get this info?

Read at your own peril--from that perennial ass-kisser, Wormington.

Mayor Ford Steps Ahead of Michael Moore

Michael Moore may think Rob Ford is a “train wreck,†but Toronto’s mayor still thinks he could beat the filmmaker to the top of the stairs at Don Mills Station.
Forget the election race. How about a stair race? [...]

I got about halfway through that and started to wonder whether I was hallucinating.

Rob and Doug are stupid, thuggish and dishonest, with, obviously, enough influence that they need to be opposed seriously and energetically. When describing Warmington, there is no adverb forceful enough to put beside the words "ethically compromised".

All of this stuff is definitely not a joke.

But still, the Warmington/Ford dynamics are just so, so, so WEIRD. If columns like that weren't real, it would be impossible to make up something even vaguely comparable.

Speaking of Mikey ... I keep seeing that he graduated in 2010. He is currently 20 so unless he is so gifted he skipped grades, there's no way he graduated in 2010. In fact, I have it on very good authority he was in grade 12 in 2012 and returned for a 5th year during the 2012/2013 academic year. Therefore, his Humber College career is all of one year old. I hear he went back for the fifth because his marks were not good enough to be accepted into Humber, which has a cut off of 60%. Can the media not get this info?

Even his uncle's academic history is murky.

"Rob Ford’s confusing university life
Ford left Carleton University after one year, he says, months after a campaign aide gave differing information."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2010/12/21/rob_fords_confusing_university_life.html

BTW, do we have an actual DOB on Mikey?

Fries & tears everywhere.

The Circle of Life.

View attachment 32680
http://snarkecards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/fdFcvvf7UqKhL5L.png

Warmington's latest article is just awful! I saw it posted here, and I had to go to the Sun's site because I didn't believe it was real. I thought it was a fake.

The pandering is so obvious, its childish:

The mayor, who ran up the 64 steps Monday before his news conference....
“I think I could beat 80% of people,” the mayor said, laughing...
Moore better start training....
We’ll also find out if the director can take it as well as he dishes it...

He's attempting to portray Rob Ford as some kind of athlete because he ran up some stairs today?
Could Rob Ford beat Michael Moore in a stair race? Who fricken cares? Michael Moore is 60 years and is one of the few people that looks to be in WORSE shape than Rob Ford.
To even attempt to wax poetically about Rob Ford beating Michael Moore in a stair race is an insult to all athletes, everywhere. Its ludicrous!

Then there's the part about how going up 64 steps makes Light Rail a train wreck? Is there any logic to this comment?
Aren't subways underground, don't you have to go up steps when you leave them? Wouldn't that make Subways a wreck too?

The whole thing is a jumble of crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back