368     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spam Spam Spam Spam

StickeronDoor.jpg

I checked my spam folder and sure enough a letter asking to donate to Ford's campaign. I had only written to the Doug Ford to protest his words about the Griffin Centre and the autistic children. I printed the email and want to send a formal compaint. I unsubscribed, but I also want to complain formally. Any ideas where is the best place to make an effective complaint?

Attachments

• StickeronDoor.jpg
    StickeronDoor.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 943

I checked my spam folder and sure enough a letter asking to donate to Ford's campaign. I had only written to the Doug Ford to protest his words about the Griffin Centre and the autistic children. I printed the email and want to send a formal compaint. I unsubscribed, but I also want to complain formally. Any ideas where is the best place to make an effective complaint?

You can't complain to the Integrity Commissioner right now, and the new IC won't consider complaints about former politicians after the election. I posted a couple of links regarding Canada's new spam laws earlier today. Here's another: http://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/00303.html#ic-subnav-2

Whew. That sent me to look the dude up online. Apparently he wasn't in HS when I knew him - guess my friend was a sight younger than he. He blended well. :) I'm only (? :) ) 51.

Are you from DMCI, Racquette?

You can file a complaint with the Integrity and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario to report a breach under MFIPPA - instructions here

Am truly sorry for the position many of you are now in - your names and email addresses and possibly home addresses and phone numbers are now all in the possession of Ford's campaign workers (people like Graeme) who have no obligations under city rules or requirements regarding personal info. Ford's donation page isn't even secure.

Last edited:
Again, Toronto's Integrity Commissioner will not investigate new complaints until after the election. And the Code of Conduct only applies to active members of Council, not to former ones.

Again, Toronto's Integrity Commissioner will not investigate new complaints until after the election. And the Code of Conduct only applies to active members of Council, not to former ones.

In other words - and as usual - he can violate whatever laws he wants, break whatever rules he wants, do whatever the hell he bloody well pleases, any conduct expected of a public servant be damned, and he will never be held accountable in any way. Jesus Christ! Doesn't this seem the least bit surreal to anyone else?

In other words - and as usual - he can violate whatever laws he wants, break whatever rules he wants, do whatever the hell he bloody well pleases, any conduct expected of a public servant be damned, and he will never be held accountable in any way. Jesus Christ! Doesn't this seem the least bit surreal to anyone else?

Rob follows the Richard Nixon school of politics:

"Well, when the president does it, that means it is not illegal."

As far as I can tell people can still file a complaint with the provincial IPC, which is responsible for MFIPPA.

Our systems just never needed anything to deal with somebody like him before.
It has always been assumed that an elected official would have some sort of basic ethical core, or, if not, a sense of shame when revealed to be a dirtbag.
I fear that political types everywhere are watching the fords "success" at dodging/ignoring scandal and the political game is going to get dirtier and dirtier everywhere.

Our city hall, at least, is going to have to spend a good amount of time in the near future tightening up the rules with regards to ethics etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back