759     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 602     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't assess the intelligence of whoever wrote/sent the e-mail, but there are ways of anonymizing e-mail.

Anonymity is not such a thing for the right for the right people. Anyway, you are missing the point, why would anyone type a note AND sent an email, if it was for staying anonymous? I don't assign "intelligence" either way, only broach the question of why someone would do such a thing. The contents of the doc shown to the media show that there were two writers, or one writer trying to make it look like two writers; this is indicated by several points, including grammar.

LOL, the funniest part of the movie Wedding Crashers.

I talked to someone a while back who was a guest at one of the Ford Fests, and that dialogue was something they heard almost verbatim, except they were yelling for Mom to bring drinks, not meatloaf.

Obvious, a "clean" person would never take a drug test unless everyone else takes on first. He's an idiot. Plain and simple. What a toxic shit disturber. My god I've had it with him.

Huh? It appears you missed the joke.

Well, as I understand it, e-cigs in Canada are not allowed to have nicotine in them. So if e-cigs are as harmless as you (and the e-cig manufacturers claim) then it's just flavoured water vapour. So then what's wrong with kids having harmless flavoured water vapour?

They're meant to replace cigs, they should be treated like cigs. If e-cig smokers don't want to have to get up from their table and go outside then they will either suck it up or quit. Just like regular smokers. As for e-cigs being stuck with other smokers outside, you're not. It's outside, you can walk away from the smoke. People seated at a table/desk/etc are stuck beside you. And why should I have to turn to a stranger beside me at dinner to tell them to please stop "vaping". (I'm sure that would go over great.)

Also, claiming e-cigs are 100x healthier than cigs sounds like a Ford-ism. Drinking light beer is better than regular beer. Does that somehow make it healthy? Should I drink a case of light beer a night? No.

Anyway, I'm obviously not going to convince an "vaper", the same way I'm not going to convince a smoker. It's their vice and fuck you if you try to tell them when they can and can't do it.

Anyway...back to Ford...

[tinfoilhat]I wonder if candidates were sent a list of questions and the Fords realized that the meat of the debate wouldn't be full of LTT-type softballs. From what I can tell, it's likely to be more left-leaning than the Tamil one.

Then they hastily put together this weaksauce fundraiser at the exact same time to keep attention on them[/tinfoilhat]

I wonder if they will let media in, especially if they bought a ticket. This is a situation where they need the media, but having them there could be dangerous as well. Also, if I was a reporter and going to the fundraiser, I'd be sniffing out how many people were given tickets as opposed to paying for them.

That's exactly what the Fords are doing. Move the attention away from the real candidates and have everyone watching his mom's house.

And so much for his claim of "I'll debate anyone, anytime, anywhere".

thank you! i thought he had said something like that but didn't find it before.

Rob Ford ready to debate mayoral contenders 'any time'

"I’ll go debate right now, any time, any place. I’ll be ready in five minutes, all they have to do is tell me a date and a place,"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-ready-to-debate-mayoral-contenders-any-time-1.2605607

"I’ll go debate right now, any time, any place. I’ll be ready in five minutes, all they have to do is tell me a date and a place,"

And of course, everyone in the local media will quietly and dutifully and obediently and respectfully tug their forlocks and adamantly refuse to remind His Oafship of this little promise while covering the latest publicity stunt at his mom's house while ignoring the debate he's skipping out on. Because to do that would politicizing things. :rolleyes:

And the other candidates won't utter a peep about it, either. Because that would be rude. :mad:

The media's lack of, well doing their job, has pissed me off this whole time. Notice how the two that have been offered new/better jobs (in Washington) are two of the only ones who called the Ford on their shit? Jackson Proskow and Daniel Dale.

The media's lack of, well doing their job, has pissed me off this whole time. Notice how the two that have been offered new/better jobs (in Washington) are two of the only ones who called the Ford on their shit? Jackson Proskow and Daniel Dale.

Toronto's Media is as culpable as any other party in the whole sham.

An illiterate noveau riche white trash family (Best Criminal Lawyer in Canada on retainer for thirty years??? Wut.) prances around with mindless one liners, and the lapdogs lap it up. Rinse repeat.

Shameful.

I talked to someone a while back who was a guest at one of the Ford Fests, and that dialogue was something they heard almost verbatim, except they were yelling for Mom to bring drinks, not meatloaf.

I was wondering where that post went in the archives ... the one where 'Doug enters the room wearing a leather vest like it's 1985'?

That's exactly what the Fords are doing. Move the attention away from the real candidates and have everyone watching his mom's house.

I guess it seems like a Hobson's choice, but all three credible papers have enough boots on the ground to cover both. The Sun's in a bit of a quandary though, one guesses: Just Joey Worms or he and Peat at Mom's? Also, it would be great if StarPostGlobe put the debate ahead of this painstakingly well-organized findraiser. Even if it is the Premier Event Of The Campaign!

Next person who posts something on e-cigs has to volunteer for Mikey's campaign.

You're right. Someone posts something and someone responds and then counter response - it could go on forever and this is not the place.

I don't get to make any rebuttals then, but suffice it to say, I have many :). And people, please don't get so upset, the vaping inside bylaw isn't the bigger issue.

Ok back to Mr. Big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back