419     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 567     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 568     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I understand Rob being that dumb, but did NO ONE in his office think to check ahead?

Ford Nation is surely squirming with delight over the Dear Leader's words here, they love this crap. I have to hand it to his staff, they coached him with a good script and the brother played it well too. The "so right now..." was also clever cover too. He won this round, Oscars for everyone.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...er-he-was-seen-reading-on-gardiner-expressway

Mayor Rob Ford is flatly rejecting pleas from his councillor brother and the Toronto police service to hire a driver, saying it would be “a waste of taxpayers’ money.â€

Asked if he’ll get a driver Ford, surrounded by young soccer players, noted staff members occasionally drive him to events but said a full-time driver would be too costly.

“A million people a day go to work in this city and they drive themselves, I don’t see why I’m any different so right now I’m not planning to go out and spend 50, 60 thousand dollars to hire someone to drive me around.

“They offered me a car when I first got elected, and a driver, and that was well over 100 thousand combined. I think that’s a waste of taxpayer’s mone.â€

The obvious solution is to have a "Where is Rob, now" traffic report, notifying responsible drivers to stay clear of his where-a-bouts. Maybe a website connected to his car's GPS so that you can plan your daily commute around him. Then again, he doesn't start out for work until 10:00, so most commuters are safely in their offices by then.

The obvious solution is to have a "Where is Rob, now" traffic report, notifying responsible drivers to stay clear of his where-a-bouts. Maybe a website connected to his car's GPS so that you can plan your daily commute around him. Then again, he doesn't start out for work until 10:00, so most commuters are safely in their offices by then.

By refusing to have a (professional) driver, at minimum on city business, Rob is just inviting people to look, example, record, and/or notify the rest of us of his behaviour in his car (and out).

He doesn't even have to be in his car. If I see his car parked on the street, I would measure the distance between his car's tires and the curb with my pocket tape measure. If it is more than 30 cm (12 inches), I will look around for a parking enforcement officer or police officer and inform them the car is too far from the curb and should be ticketed accordingly. Etc., etc.

He doesn't even have to be in his car. If I see his car parked on the street, I would measure the distance between his car's tires and the curb with my pocket tape measure. If it is more than 30 cm (12 inches), I will look around for a parking enforcement officer or police officer and inform them the car is too far from the curb and should be ticketed accordingly. Etc., etc.

Gee, Im sure there are bigger fish to fry out there than worry if the mayors car is close enough to the curb.
No wonder he easily won the the last election.

Someone who made a fuzz of an item constituting what, 0.0001% of the budget item should talk about having bigger fishes to fry. Any guess what it is?

Answer: Council lunches - at 10K/year out of a city operating budget of 10B.

AoD

Last edited:
PinkLucy:

OK, I understand Rob being that dumb, but did NO ONE in his office think to check ahead?

Actually, if the meeting is supposed to be about city business, this would be yet another example of incompetence.

AoD

^ Makes me wonder how he'll react when he sees Millennium Square in Chicago. Especially the fountains.

Rube is not quite the word (good try). The guy's all over the map.

I find Toronto lacks a nice fountain....i'm sure if anyone else proposed this the board would be fawning over the idea, i think at this point all the Ford haters on this board would jump on him for anything he says or does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back