598     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 391     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 559     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But two comments added this week? Is the blog post with 2010 story new or just the comments?
I don't remember seeing the blog before, but I'm betting Leeanne was trolling the internet and found it. I doubt she knows the Ruffells personally, but her and Rob spent a lot of time together "talking", so I'm betting Rob mentioned the names.

I don't remember seeing the blog before, but I'm betting Leeanne was trolling the internet and found it. I doubt she knows the Ruffells personally, but her and Rob spent a lot of time together "talking", so I'm betting Rob mentioned the names.

The best line in that interview is "I’ve taught my brothers how to run the business."

If Doug knew Rob had said that, I bet that'd cause some brotherly conflict.

I'm just confused as to why rob would have mentioned him at all? I believe Jimmi said that Rob didn't recognize him when he was at a city hall. Why would he feel it necessary to discuss him at all? Very odd.

As Socknacki said, "Everyone is going to vote for somebody." (Or words to that effect.)
Agreed.

This is what I liked about the provincial election. It lasted just over a month. Even federal elections don't last that long and that is by law.

Only thing is that a shorter campaign heavily favors more established candidates. New candidates can't really get off the ground in 4 months.

I'm just confused as to why rob would have mentioned him at all? I believe Jimmi said that Rob didn't recognize him when he was at a city hall. Why would he feel it necessary to discuss him at all? Very odd.
The older brother was a bit of a rebel and IIRC sold dope, that's what Leeanne was referring to. Rob was probably talking to her about people he grew up with, and how they had turned out in life. When she googled Rob and came across the article, the author's name rang some bells for her and she is fishing.

So is this Leanne's pathetic attempt at regaining her beloved Slob's approval and/or attention? Sure looks like it.

The best line in that interview is "I’ve taught my brothers how to run the business."

If Doug knew Rob had said that, I bet that'd cause some brotherly conflict.

That's what I thought too. :D And I don't think his job was to "run the business", either. Now students, compare and contrast this with the comment (source escapes me...) that said he was just basically not cut out for the label business and so was ushered out.

Interesting that BOTH the brofo have/had aspirations to be premier. Would certainly be an interesting fight.

I'm not sure what the deal is. It doesn't quite figure that robbie would mention a couple of names a month ago and today Leanne recalls them and decides to be vaguely threatening. Might be nothing but it sure feels weird.

I'm not sure what the deal is. It doesn't quite figure that robbie would mention a couple of names a month ago and today Leanne recalls them and decides to be vaguely threatening. Might be nothing but it sure feels weird.
Maybe she taped their conversations for posterity.;)

It's weird to me that he would mention THOSE names, since they are (as far as we know) completely insignificant players in the Grand Guignol of Fordness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back