188     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 966     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say but I work with a lot of kids, many with learning disabilities. The kid holding Rob's hand in the picture probably has FAS.

I for one would be much more comfortable if we didn't attempt armchair diagnoses of kids from lo-fez pictures on the internet.

(I have an adult friend with FASD and it's not a simple thing to diagnose at all).

I didn't want to stir the pot too much.. But that was my first thought as well
About 2 thousand pages ago, I was wondering the same thing about Rob himself. He doesn't have all of the facial characteristics, but he does have some, and some of the cognitive impairment characteristics too.
He might be on the mild end of the FAS spectrum himself.
edit: armchair diagnoses of RoFo being fair game, I assume. :)

I for one would be much more comfortable if we didn't attempt armchair diagnoses of kids from lo-fez pictures on the internet.

(I have an adult friend with FASD and it's not a simple thing to diagnose at all).

It's more common than you think - I have a mayor with similar issues.

So this vaguely threatening post regarding John Furr/protests is on Twitter, from someone who opened an account on June 30 and appears to live in Toronto. He has no followers except Kevin Clarke for Mayor and an event planning company in Hamilton. As for a 'taste of his own medicine', I amused myself by finding a pic of him shirtless.

Captureproteststoicrogue.jpg
jamesbagishirtless.jpg

Attachments

• Captureproteststoicrogue.jpg
    Captureproteststoicrogue.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 803
  • jamesbagishirtless.jpg
    jamesbagishirtless.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 807
It actually sounds like his threat is to go shirtless to confront John, hence the picture of him without a shirt. That would be fun, all protesters must be shirtless!

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually sounds like his threat is to go shirtless to confront John, hence the picture of him without a shirt. That would be fun, all protesters must be shirtless!

No, I found the shirtless pic online and posted as an ironical comment. His tweets are anti-shelter, pro-Ford, but he's not as rabid as Iola.

She posted a story to Reddit, later deleted that said Rob Ford had fled from rehab and crashed through a fence. The theory driving all this is that he was driving McRobb's truck, that it was this crash that necessitated the foot x-ray, and that he lent her his truck to make up for smashing hers.

The story was not deleted. Her user name was deleted, as were some comments. We know her user name because evvabeing saved a copy of the thread at a very early point, before the deletions occurred. The thread, minus the deletions just mentioned, is still up on Reddit. She is still active on Reddit and basic is trying to get in contact with her via Reddit.

Last edited:
Looking back at the two weeks since R Ford's return you would have thought he and his braintrust might have been a little more strategic...you know keep your head down, keep controversy to a minimum all round be on your best behaviour...all with a view to the last scheduled City Council meeting Aug 26/27 to make a preemptive strike going into the meat of the campaign with an Urgent Members Motion the afternooon of the 27th repealing CC42. and CC43.1 to reinstate his Mayorial powers...It would have caught Council between a rock and a hard place...pass the motion thereby showing confidence in his leadership since the return or defeat the motion and give the impression Council is punishing him for long past offenes...

Looking back at the two weeks since R Ford's return you would have thought he and his braintrust might have been a little more strategic...you know keep your head down, keep controversy to a minimum all round be on your best behaviour...all with a view to the last scheduled City Council meeting Aug 26/27 to make a preemptive strike going into the meat of the campaign with an Urgent Members Motion the afternooon of the 27th repealing CC42. and CC43.1 to reinstate his Mayorial powers...It would have caught Council between a rock and a hard place...pass the motion thereby showing confidence in his leadership since the return or defeat the motion and give the impression Council is punishing him for long past offenes...

Not disagreeing with you, Greg, but...

How can anyone have confidence in a leader who requires a ( 24/7? ) "Sobriety Coach"?

https://www.facebook.com/events/468852446551114/
Scarborough Mayoral Debate -Protest Rob Ford
4 going

15 July - 16 July
15 July at 17:30 to 16 July at 21:30 in EDT

Global Kingdom Ministries Inc. 1250 Markham Road Scarborough, ON M1H 2Y9

Protest Rob Ford's Arrival and Departure to the Scarborough Mayoral Debate...

Help send a message Rob Ford that Toronto has had enough of his racism, homophobia and misogyny.

Protest Rules will be posted over the weekend. Feel free to wear shirts!
I'm confused about this event. Is it an overnight vigil? Why does it continue until 9:30 the following evening when the all candiadtes meeting end the previous night?

I'm confused about this event. Is it an overnight vigil? Why does it continue until 9:30 the following evening when the all candiadtes meeting end the previous night?

I think they just messed up the end date. The debate is next Tuesday for a couple of hours in the evening, 530-930.

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with you, Greg, but...

How can anyone have confidence in a leader who requires a ( 24/7? ) "Sobriety Coach"?

And there is the rub isn't it...no strategic thinking on their part...it is all fine and dandy to have a "Sobriety Coach"... keep him in the shadows but how is it necessary to that he insinute himself on R Ford's crippled campaign to redemption?

Attachments

• joe_killoran.jpg
    joe_killoran.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 886
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back