News   Jul 17, 2024
 891     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rutsfoot:

Could be - see the hypothesis posted a page or two back.

Well, the most political rehab ever met a fact check and died on the spot.

AoD

Lots of controversy around today's article. I think since Ford is using his rehab stay as a major selling point in his reelection campaign that people should then know the truth of what went on there and if the mayor is telling the truth or not. BTW KD knows Lisi and McRobb were helping Ford use in rehab, but it's a case where there's not enough solid proof to publish it as a fact.

I would expect that a respectable rehab would have sent Ford home and given the bed to someone who was actually interested in getting better. I wonder how much Greenstone was paid to put up with Ford's antics for two months -- although I still don't believe he was there the whole time, although simply using it as a place to sleep would explain all of the out and about sitings. It still doesn't explain the banana shopping, though.

Are all the accommodations at GreeneStone cottages?

I wonder if it became apparent very early on that he had no desire to get clean and they put him in a cottage so he'd be further away from the other residents and could cause the least amount of damage to their recoveries?

Events Pre-Escalade Episode

so here's some musings..ala TV's Scandal .ford takes mcrobb's vehicle, drives to toronto for whatever reason...score with lisi? and/but under radar - only mcrobb knows. Gets caught at timmy's by teenager (still figuring out why change of clothes).

Heads back to resort (staff don't know he's left jurisdiction with his day pass) no doubt with vodka in hand. Crashes mcrobb's truck, injures himself (x-ray), resort first to know of accident (ford calls leon?) and fixes, but mcrobb ousted and ford put on short leash After that, mcrobb heads to Toronto, liaises with lisi, gets escalade and heads back to muskoka supplied. Doug finds out about accident and timmy's at same time and he fixes timmy's sighting.

So, I accept the foregoing a work of fiction; something probably wrong with timing of events etc . but the remarkable thing is that the fords are completely capable of something like the above described scenario. A segue though - I'm not buying the recovery or even the "in recovery" narrative - Resort just that - a place for people of affluence to dry out usually after an incident - ford not remotely invested and with mcrobbs assistance bucked the program...he simply doesn't look like someone who spent hundreds (oh please) of hours in therapy, worked out everyday for the last 60 days and stayed off the juice.

Interesting speculations, what date did all this happen? On Monday May 19, Victoria Day, I was taking a short cut through the Ex Grounds and there, illegally parked in front of Musik was a Cadillac Escalade, parked illegally, at a rakish angle, in a loading zone. It was around 6 PM. I didn't know the license number of Ford's car at the time, and didn't have a camera with me.

I would expect that a respectable rehab would have sent Ford home and given the bed to someone who was actually interested in getting better. I wonder how much Greenstone was paid to put up with Ford's antics for two months -- although I still don't believe he was there the whole time, although simply using it as a place to sleep would explain all of the out and about sitings. It still doesn't explain the banana shopping, though.

A place to sleep is right. Sounds like he went in there begrudgingly, thinking of it simply as something to endure in order to save his campaign. He didn't respect or commit himself to the treatment. He treated the whole process and other addicts there as beneath him. It was mostly a very inconvenient hotel to him: the line about watching many hours of TV and the endless stream of selfies pretty much tell the story.

For those questioning the info Donovan was able to obtain regarding Ford's rehab stay I don't doubt it for a second.

From my own experience there are people that want to be there and people that don't. The people that don't can be a real distraction and pain in the ass for those that are serious.

Case in point. At my rehab we had a lawyer that was very hoighty toighty, she was there for MEDICAL reasons, not addiction. It was her Doctors fault she was over-prescribed painkillers after back surgery. She was "not some loser drunk/druggie" like the rest of us. She constantly interrupted people, she was insulting and divisive. She was having some sort of clandestine affair (not so clandestine, it was obvious) with a trust fund dude that was FORCED there by family.

After 2 weeks I was ready to throttle her. On the weekend (she was away with said dude and his family) I googled her name. She was a disbarred lawyer from Boston forced into rehab by the courts pending her fraud charges for selling non-existent parking spaces in the Beacon Hill area of Boston (they can go for up to a half a million $$).

On the Monday morning I confronted our group leader. Her was aware of everything and yet allowed her to spew her garbage and said to me "Is it really important to you that you bring her down or are you more interested in fixing yourself" and lots of other questions.

I chose not to out her BUT a fellow rehabber did that very afternoon in group, which is supposed to be confidential and "first name only". She bolted and was never seen again, the person that outed her , Clyde the 6 time rehabber, finished his stint along with the rest of us. We had several discussions in group about her after she left, and it really illuminated WHO was serious about fixing themselves and who wasn't.

Rehab has rules, but addicts are LIARS, that's usually how we end up there, hiding our excesses, mitigating our damages, justifying our behaviors etc, for those that are serious people that are disruptive and still on that path to abuse will get ZERO sympathy and the rules don't apply.

I congratulate Kevin Donovan for reporting on Ford's cowardly vacation.

I'd be very interested in knowing if Rob has attended an AA meeting since his return. I'd have thought we might have heard something if he had by now.

So Unless Rob goes full tilt nuts, and has a shootout with the cops.
Or takes a random person hostage. Or tries to outright kill an officer during arrest.
He's probably not going to get shot by TPS.

Well, I've offered the possibility of his barricading himself in his City Hall office before...

For those questioning the info Donovan was able to obtain regarding Ford's rehab stay I don't doubt it for a second.

From my own experience there are people that want to be there and people that don't. The people that don't can be a real distraction and pain in the ass for those that are serious.

Case in point. At my rehab we had a lawyer that was very hoighty toighty, she was there for MEDICAL reasons, not addiction. It was her Doctors fault she was over-prescribed painkillers after back surgery. She was "not some loser drunk/druggie" like the rest of us. She constantly interrupted people, she was insulting and divisive. She was having some sort of clandestine affair (not so clandestine, it was obvious) with a trust fund dude that was FORCED there by family.

After 2 weeks I was ready to throttle her. On the weekend (she was away with said dude and his family) I googled her name. She was a disbarred lawyer from Boston forced into rehab by the courts pending her fraud charges for selling non-existent parking spaces in the Beacon Hill area of Boston (they can go for up to a half a million $$).

On the Monday morning I confronted our group leader. Her was aware of everything and yet allowed her to spew her garbage and said to me "Is it really important to you that you bring her down or are you more interested in fixing yourself" and lots of other questions.

I chose not to out her BUT a fellow rehabber did that very afternoon in group, which is supposed to be confidential and "first name only". She bolted and was never seen again, the person that outed her , Clyde the 6 time rehabber, finished his stint along with the rest of us. We had several discussions in group about her after she left, and it really illuminated WHO was serious about fixing themselves and who wasn't.

Rehab has rules, but addicts are LIARS, that's usually how we end up there, hiding our excesses, mitigating our damages, justifying our behaviors etc, for those that are serious people that are disruptive and still on that path to abuse will get ZERO sympathy and the rules don't apply.

I congratulate Kevin Donovan for reporting on Ford's cowardly vacation.

With Ford, I thought rehab was nothing but a reelection strategy from the beginning so people would forgive him for the racism comments and smoking crack again. I still don't think he considers himself an addict. With that mindset it's no wonder he was disruptive there.

I'd be very interested in knowing if Rob has attended an AA meeting since his return. I'd have thought we might have heard something if he had by now.

Not sure but I bet after today's story it's unlikely he'll be partaking in GreenStone's maintenance program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back