3.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 617     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now douggie is claiming to be investigating joe. A private citizen who was critical of his brother. How is this acceptable, legal, permitted, allowed?

Not to sound smug, but as long as Doug isn't breaking any laws, he can ask whatever questions he wants. Whether it's smart to keep this whole story alive in the press is another matter. I don't imagine the Fords' shiny new comms director approves.

View attachment 29494

I got a front row seat for the action today... well not much action. It was frickin boring actually. I wanted to see some fireworks! I'd say Rob's about 20 pounds lighter. I met Nick Kouvalis. He claims his internal polling pretty much matches the latest Nanos poll. Who knows if he's telling the truth though.

Went there after the shirtless protest Jimmi, woulda said hello (and possibly baked a cake) if I'd known you were in council chambers. :)

Considering Doug has just a few months left at City Hall, I think his level of not giving a shit has increased 10 fold.

Yep. Considering he's the smartest Ford, I'm pretty sure even he knows the games up. He's going out with a scorched earth policy.......

I will give him one point. He's very good at pissing me off. Rob I can laugh off, he's a talking puppet, Doug's just pure evil.

Following on from today's Eglinton Connect project protest. Which I attended, with my shirt on.

Was it worth it? Yes - as with the 1010 protest, it got a great deal of media coverage which succeeded in making the point that 'common folk' are fed up to the oxters with the Fos and the new redemption narrative.

It was a tight space, with Rob almost standing in the street with his back to the traffic. There were only a handful of protestors and only two shirtless (so John Furr got all the video). The protest unfolded fairly spontaneously - Fords' people were not pleased as can be deduced from Dan Jacobs' inane scuffling. Amin looked like he was about to burst into tears. Jerry was the model of calm restraint. The cops were extremely calm and indeed quite amused in their handling of it. Watching the footage, I am surprised how well Rob handled it, almost smiling to himself at one point.

A number of local people showed up (it was outside the Forest Hill Animal Clinic so we had the added entertainment of doggies going in and out of the premises). The local residents were pissed by the hijacking of what they expected to be their presser - I don't blame them, I would have felt the same - but a number had the sense to talk to media reps afterwards. All the same, it sounds as if this plan has been well communicated for many months and it's a bit late to pull heads out of the sand. Also I understand Rob was telling a few RobFibs about the number of lanes that will result - only one lane in each direction? Keesmat says this is not true. Rob also invoked the St Clair disaster several times. (He later spent some time at City Hall maundering on about pink umbrellas, which has given me a great idea for the next protest.)

Would I do it again? Today I held up a sign which got on tv ("Why won't you talk to Gary Giroux?") and I'd do that again. I'm not interested in getting shoved around by a numpty like Jacobs and I wouldn't put it past the Fos to have some lead-pipe wielding chums show up next time. But I've read a lot of Twitter and online news comments today, and while there's a lot of gleeful support, there's also some suggestions that this type of intervention may be helping Rob in some people's eyes. There were infinite numbers of *great protesting tips* from the Twitter armchairs today but if these protests are to gain momentum, they need a whole heck of a lot more people or else it will become just another sideshow.

Local Eglinton resident Sue Ann Levy was there: called me a 'bike-riding lefty' as she strapped on her bike helmet and rode away. She is a strange one.

And talking directly to Doug Ford now: no I'm not in the Tory camp nor the Chow camp. Nor did I smash your SUV window nor did I send letters to your good wife. However if you're interested in the Lindbergh baby, give me a call.

Last edited:
A great piece from Calgary. They also have Nenshi. Hello Toronto media, anybody home?

"Sideshow Rob" is a better name than "Crack Smoking Toronto Mayor". That one's tired.

After yesterday, "The Mayor of Donnybrook" starting to have some appeal.
Bring on the tomatoes. :cool:

sweetlou, are you suggesting people use pink umbrellas as a protest against Ford?

I love it! That and rainbow brollies. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

Shady mayor: umbrellas. Shit storm: umbrellas.

My husband got me the Cards Against Humanity set, which I played for the first time with our friends in April this year.

At the time I said "This game really needs a Rob Ford card".

Look what I found while opening my CAH box.

1557463_10102699844482092_8490655021132426016_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1557463_10102699844482092_8490655021132426016_n.jpg
    1557463_10102699844482092_8490655021132426016_n.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 917
How about "Circus Geek Rob"?

Once of tags on the old thread was "Circus Bear", so I say circus geek will do nicely. A geek show performer might be a good fit for Doug's description of Rob as a rock star. Alice Cooper earned his bite-the-heads-off-chickens reputation in Toronto at Varsity Stadium.

I'm still having recurring dreams of Doug as a portly Snidely Whiplash holding the chain and the whip.

Any cartoonists that can help with the circus and sideshow theme?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/politics/2014/07/20140708-140706.html

"My window got smashed in last night so they're up to their dirty tricks," Ford said. "I'll let the media decide on who they think who did it." (But it's on camera, isn't it? It's not up for ANYONE to "decide" on who they think did it.)

Ford can let the voters decide who broke the window on election day. Since Ford says he is apparently tied with Chow at the polls (~35%), that means the other 65% are paid shills of the Chow and Tory campaigns. Therefore 65% of Torontonians broke the window.

I wonder why no one heard a car alarm at the time of the incident... follow the dots folks.

Rob Ford's Escalade‏@RobFordEscalade
Maybe Doug's car window imploded from all that time he spent taking the high road. The atmosphere is all thin and stuff up there. #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back