2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it is still parkland (at this writing) anyone can picnic on it. They can let their kids play on the grass. And take pictures, as families normally do. Pictures of the family, pictures of the trees, pictures of the birds, pictures of the insects. But if the pictures includes part of the house or the people on the other side of the fence, it looks like we could get in trouble just because Rob Ford lives on the other side of the fence.

You didn't actually read my post before replying, did you?

You only need a permit for groups of 25 or more or if you want to use a firepit. No one is going to stop a family who sits down and opens a cooler with a few sandwiches and cans of juice or take out from McDonald's or whatever

Last edited:
It's kind of frightening to know that there's a swath of the populace out there that wouldn't bat an eye if the government did indeed institute such authoritarian laws.

Yeah, everyone else must be from outside Canada

Over the past 30 years, I've had picnics with my family on the Islands, Scarborough bluffs, High Park, zoo, local parkett, Withrow Park, Riverdale park, Edward gardens, and most of the Don river parks. There is no law against throwing a blanket down in a public park and having a picnic. That's what parks are for. GO to Bluffers park on any summer weekend and try finding a spot for a blanket.

lol.

Lastman and the Sheppard subway line? Miller banning already illegal handguns? Hall electioneering against the airport after supporting its expansion?
By saying that no previous mayor in recent year had done anything so self-serving, I was referring to Rob Ford personally benefiting from his attempt into bullying TRCA into selling him a piece of a city park. I don't see Miller personally benefiting from anything, other than better transit that he will get, or perhaps a better soccer stadium for him to enjoy paying money to attend. And Lastman ... it's not like I see a Bad Boy near the Sheppard subway.

Perhaps you could tell me how Miller and Lastman personally benefited from what they did?

Let's mark World Press Freedom day and give an eloquent speech about the perils journalists face. Let's denounce violence and harassment used against journalists.

(and quickly make a bolt for the elevator as I was guilty of that last week)

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhal...-mayor-rob-ford-marks-world-press-freedom-day

I suppose this event was planned well in advance, but the events of last week made it that much more awkward and hypocritical.

What I find interesting about this past week's flurry of Ford Brothers tragicomedy is how silent Council has been--and that includes so-called Ford allies; I reckon it's a stunned silence, as everyone's standing back to watch things unfold as they will...

I doubt you can just picnic on a Toronto park unless you have a special permit or it has a designated area

I guess in your imaginary ideal world the Fords would be Mayors for life, developers wouldn't require permits for anything and picnickers would be cleared from parks with water cannons unless they had all the appropriate paperwork in triplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back