1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 901     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sentence really makes me reflect on how winning the mayoralty was the worst thing that ever happened to Rob Ford. The stress of the job seems to have forced him into a pretty rough substance abuse spiral. On top of that, he's now the laughing stock of the world, is unlikely to win again in October, his marriage has been torn apart... if he weren't such a wretched person, I'd almost feel bad for him. He could have had a real thing, being counsellor for life of a little stretch of Etobicoke.

If Doug hadn't decided politics looked like an easy gig, Rob would still be a councillor. When Doug decided he wanted to follow in his father's footsteps, the only way for him to get started was at the municipal level. He probably explained it to Rob as a no lose situation, if Rob didn't get elected mayor, all was okay because Doug would step aside and let him be councillor again. Rob seemed to be a functioning drunk/addict for a very long time, it wasn't until he became mayor that he really went off the rails. Doug Ford is the worst brother ever.

Thanks!

I am concerned about your packet-sniffing habit. Maybe you should go to rehab!

Like others, I need rehab for this thread. I think many of us spend an inordinate amount of our waking days thinking about the Fords, we could probably be moving mountains instead. I do like the fact that this thread is one of the few places where my Ford habit is dwarfed by others' Ford habits.

My Bad - I thought for sure there was SSL on my desktop. Looks like you are correct.

I also assumed this was the case, until last November; I was surprised to find otherwise! Fortunately (or unfortunately) some people's identities here could be deduced without a subversive approach, this seems to have been true with both MM, and JT's content.

This sentence really makes me reflect on how winning the mayoralty was the worst thing that ever happened to Rob Ford. The stress of the job seems to have forced him into a pretty rough substance abuse spiral. On top of that, he's now the laughing stock of the world, is unlikely to win again in October, his marriage has been torn apart... if he weren't such a wretched person, I'd almost feel bad for him. He could have had a real thing, being counsellor for life of a little stretch of Etobicoke.

And let's not forget his football team. It's amazing how much this guy has lost. You're right, it's hard not to feel sorry him... until you start thinking about how badly he's treated everyone else.

And let's not forget his football team. It's amazing how much this guy has lost. You're right, it's hard not to feel sorry him... until you start thinking about how badly he's treated everyone else.

Damn, forgot the football team. It's practically a country song.

Regardless of how the plates disappeared it's going to make an interesting situation for when/if someone tries to reclaim the Escalade. Do they (who?) show up with a new set, get a trailer tow, or do the plates make a mysterious reappearance before or in the hands of the claimant? If the latter, it would speak volumes.

Doug Ford is quoted in the Globe as saying that he has now stopped trying to contact Rob after two days' of unsuccessful efforts.

Interesting.

Also, RE the thread above - I don't think Rob wants to fix his life. I think he just wants to party. In fact, he dosn't really have a life. No education, no friends, no causes, no involvement, no hobbies. Nothing outside of watching sports and getting wasted. And i just don't see that ever changing.

Doug Ford is quoted in the Globe as saying that he has now stopped trying to contact Rob after two days' of unsuccessful efforts.

Interesting.

Also, RE the thread above - I don't think Rob wants to fix his life. I think he just wants to party. In fact, he dosn't really have a life. No education, no friends, no causes, no involvement, no hobbies. Nothing outside of watching sports and getting wasted. And i just don't see that ever changing.

In other words, Drug Ford is doing his usual BSing, as he trys to buy more so that they can go into the weekend and not answer any more questions

She went to the tow yard to retrieve her knitting supplies? Oooookay.

Re: Knitting

A section of a reddit (which some dislike, I understand) thread regarding this very matter:

[–]north49er 19 points 14 hours ago
Maybe he has the gift of experience. Is drunk driving a skill you can develop? You know, like knitting or something?
[–]mybadalternate 10 points 14 hours ago
Drunk knitting certainly takes some practice.
permalinkparent

[–]jugdealer 4 points 22 hours ago
Drunk knitting is completely doable.

Exactly what I summed up about him long ago. Being a mayor has been a huge stroke to his ego and why he "loves being mayor". It's always just been about him - he's shown us clearly that he really doesn't love Toronto.

Funny...

Rob Ford’s SUV Impounded After Alleged Mistress Drives Drunk?

She knows him well enough not only to borrow his car, twice this week according to her neighbour, but she also subtly dropped to the media that she left her watch in his bedroom. While being hounded by media after having the car impounded, she stopped answering questions in order to very clearly ask someone about their watch, and then oh-so-subtly mentioned that her very nice watch was left in Ford’s bedroom, and that she would go get it later. Just so we’re clear, Rob Ford IS still married.

If she had just been borrowing the car, we might give them the benefit of the doubt, but the watch adds a new layer of intimacy. We finally have what the Ford story always needed: a sex scandal!

Added:
It all makes logical sense though, since we recently saw videos of Rob Ford publicly (read: drunkenly) declaring that he was in the doghouse at home and that he was having less than the best luck in his marriage. It’s like his football camp metaphor is being extended even further. He’s a high school kid whose love life is lacking at home, so he goes to camp and does things that he hopes will never leave the confines of the isolated sleep-away camp grounds. Unfortunately, it turns out the girl is a tad too chatty, and prone to drunk-driving.

http://www.truenorthtimes.ca/2014/05/22/rob-fords-suv-impounded-mistress-drives-drunk/

Ya the timing of Rinses comment was suspiciously close to Smiths murder and then we never heard from that person again. But I always assumed Rinse was a girl based on the tone of comments.

Did you ever meet the Bassos, Jimmi?
What about Jasmine? I wonder if Lisi ever met her.

Last edited:

Interesting.

OH MY GOD! Could it be that Rob is taking the rehab to heart and not responding to Doug as Doug is one of his principle enablers!?!??!

A fair number of otherwise trashy people with no education/friends/hobbies at least fall back to taking an interest in raising their kids. Sadly the substance abuse and his job probably made that impossible. No doubt, as others have said, winning the mayoralty race was one of the worst things to happen to him. I wonder if he really even wanted to win in the first place, or if he was just doing it for his family and expecting to lose and go back to coaching high school football in the afternoons and watching sports and drinking pops in his basement all evening.

This won't end well simply because even if he were to get clean, which he won't any time soon obviously because he's not in rehab, anything that might keep him clean has been taken away from him. Nobody's ever going to let him get near a high school football team again, he's going to have trouble being involved with his kids because other parents won't want anything to do with him not to mention that his kids and wife hate him anyway, and there's no job waiting for him that he'd actually enjoy doing. He truly has nothing left for him besides watching sports and massive benders in between. The only two plausible outcomes are he spirals further into his addiction and kills himself (most likely), or that he ends up in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back