4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess, not at all. It's a desirable neighbourhood for many people, probably pacing above average for its rise in real estate prices.
Even with the media camped out there much of the time? Even with EMS being called all the time? :)
But maybe it is Windsor that has depreciated since that is where most of the action took place.

This video was back when Rob Ford was still a Councillor. People heard it, but they still voted for him and promoted him to Mayor.

That's because deep down, far too many people don't like to see anyone who is disabled, pregnant, breastfeeding, poor, homeless, gay, addicted, old, or otherwise different or challenged in any way.

These two dolts are their saviour.

(edited to include "gay", how could I forget the homophobia?)

Even with the media camped out there much of the time? Even with EMS being called all the time? :)
But maybe it is Windsor that has depreciated since that is where most of the action took place.

Never mind the bare minimum of maintenance, and no actual improvements at RoFo's house. They are definitely not keeping up with the Jones'...
To be fair, there is usually one of those in every neighbourhood, and the effects are probably minimal beyond a few houses in either direction.

(now I have to go out and "not be that guy" and get some yard work done, BBL)

Last edited:
I have just sent an email to Doug asking for an immediate apology through the media for his outrageous comments re: Griffin House - a violation of the Ontario Human Rights Act, as an elected official. I also copied the Deputy Mayor and my City Councillor. If your so inclined, here's the link for contacts & email addresses : http://app.toronto.ca/im/council/councillors.jsp

I didn't see it but apparently doug was on cp24 doubling down on his comments. Claimed the autistic kids have caused property values to drop by 100 thousand dollars and called the situation a 'nightmare'.

The funny bit is douggie probably doing more to damage property values with his hyperbolic mischaracterizing of the group home and pulling numbers out of his ass. The guy is an asshole. Plain and simple.

But how else are you going to keep taxes low? :D

Doug is basically doing every thing wrong that you could do for a project like this and is breaching his duties as an elected official under the Human Rights Code
http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/zone-housi...ning/overcoming-opposition-affordable-housing

Actually, I wonder if a human rights complaint can be filed against DoFo for promoting discrimination due to disability? It may be an interesting complaint. Could be groundbreaking, especially if done as a class action

Actually, I wonder if a human rights complaint can be filed against DoFo for promoting discrimination due to disability? It may be an interesting complaint. Could be groundbreaking, especially if done as a class action

I really hope someone pursues it on this end. What he said was despicable. He is an elected official, and those comments he made weren't for other people or on behalf of other people, he said how he personally felt. It was unprofessional and completely inappropriate.

Isn't it Mental Health awareness week? eta apparently that was the week earlier: http://mentalhealthweek.cmha.ca/

Last edited:

That is what I "sort of" alluded to in my email to him, should he fail to issue an immediate public apology.

Aside from the obvious, there are a couple of things that irk me about Doug Ford's comments in regard to the Griffin Centre.

He apparently managed to reference subways in regard to his own lateness. Why? Doug Ford wouldn't take a subway if it went directly to his door. He wants other people to use the subways so that he can drive with fewer cars getting in his way.

He apparently offered to buy the property to facilitate relocating it out of his ward. With what, $5000 and a car? The Fords have lived up to their reputation as cheap. This reminds me of their many threats to sue various people. I would love to see the Griffin Centre take him up on his offer (and move a few blocks away).

There is no public apology coming, thank heavens. The world now knows just how awful this Doug Ford guys really is, and now we can hound him with this come election time. Oh, I forgot, Doug was a drug dealer. We'll remind everyone of that, too.

That's because deep down, far too many people don't like to see anyone who is disabled, pregnant, breastfeeding, poor, homeless, gay, addicted, old, or otherwise different or challenged in any way.

These two dolts are their saviour.

(edited to include "gay", how could I forget the homophobia?)
Except these two dolts bring their own issues to the neighbourhood -- addicted, domestic issues, emergency vehicles -- I think a comparison to their impact on the neighbours needs to be made by the mainstream media. I'd take the autistic kids over the Fords as neighbours any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back