45     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 700     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 610     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing with Doug reminded me of something I hadn't thought about for a long time. When my wife and I moved to Toronto in 2004, we bought a house just off Queen St. East, about a block away from an apartment/drop-in centre for street people in one direction, and block a away from a street clinic in the other direction. We figured that was a benefit, because the people in our neighbourhood who might not otherwise have somewhere to go actually had places to go. And that was the case. Relations between the street folks and the homeowners was quite neighbourly.

From reading the article, I got the sense that these people don't really know what it means to be neighbourly. They are probably scared of everyone and everything outside their doors, and that is why they don't want the centre in their 'hood.

Like many others have mentioned, I've always had this perception that Rob was a big, dumb oaf, not fit for public office (I didn't know he'd be allowed out of the house), and that Doug is pure evil. Um...yeah.

Not sure....RoFo said something very similar about homeless shelters 12 years ago.
[video=youtube;8YZQ4oQjxgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YZQ4oQjxgc[/video]

“If it comes down to it, I’ll buy the house myself and resell it.”

This guy is the scum of the Earth..

Yeah I have so much money, I'll just buy the house and make the problem disappear..

Like many others have mentioned, I've always had this perception that Rob was a big, dumb oaf, not fit for public office (I didn't know he'd be allowed out of the house), and that Doug is pure evil. Um...yeah.

Agreed on your assessment... Except the "pure evil" part. If there was such a thing as "pure evil", I bet that it'd be at least somewhat intelligent. DohFo is not. Doh is an entitled asshole. Nothing more. He thinks he's bigtime, but he's a noveau-riche douchebag coasting on Daddy's coattails.

I definitely need a sign with a photo of Rob captioned "no one told me he'd be leaving the house".

I wish that people won't email him telling how much of a disgusting human being he is. I'd expect Doug, if faced with some sort of realization of his blunder to do an about-face and try to spin this to his benefit. No, I want him to keep on digging that hole down, down, down to where he really belongs.

From reading the article, I got the sense that these people don't really know what it means to be neighbourly. They are probably scared of everyone and everything outside their doors, and that is why they don't want the centre in their 'hood.

They want to keep their property values high, and their property taxes low. My neighbours in Ward 13 are no different.

Nothing new about NIMBYism in TO. It's just that most councillors learn how to pacify their constituents while managing to avoid stepping on political landmines at the same time.

Last edited:
I wish that people won't email him telling how much of a disgusting human being he is. I'd expect Doug, if faced with some sort of realization of his blunder to do an about-face and try to spin this to his benefit. No, I want him to keep on digging that hole down, down, down to where he really belongs.

Agreed.

I really doubt it will make a difference. DoFo acknowledged he'd likely be inundated but he doesn't care. Us right wing pinkos are just like that - bleeding hearts. Everything is blamed on right wing pinkos. When bigotry and hatred permeate your soul (and I use the word soul very loosely) it can't help but seep out. I doubt he can keep it under wraps for any length of time.

no-one-told-wmn50o.jpg

Attachments

• no-one-told-wmn50o.jpg
    no-one-told-wmn50o.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 946
"Yes the support today has been overwhelming and we are so grateful that so many recognize and support the important work Griffin Centre does.

Warm Regards,

Catia Valenti Mishaiel
Director, Fundraising & Development"

How's that for customer service? (the one thing the Fords seem to value). Ten minutes later, on a Saturday night at 11pm. And no slurred words.

I emailed them too, said I hope the support has been greater than the negativity, Catia said indeed the letters of support and generous donations have outweighed the negativity. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back