641     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 355     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 460     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my wife's relatives […] He has zero instincts for self-preservation, zero pride, but he's gotta see his daughter more because he thinks it's the one thing he can point to and say "I'm not a complete fuck-up" (never mind the fact that he doesn't have good visitation rights precisely because he's a complete fuck-up."

Better than my brother, who though not much more than a pot-smoker and then-mild alcoholic, lost custody of his son because he didn't have a ride to the courthouse. He blames my mother for not driving him or not giving him money for a cab. He was at the time, employed at RIM and lived less than 2kms from the hearing.

He has legs and yes, they work.

I can't even imagine the amount of dirt those two have on each other. Divorce proceedings are going to be pretty ugly.

Does anyone know how in heaven's name Renata ever passed muster with Clan Ford in the first place? Divorced, a drinker and (in Doug's own lovely turn of phrase) a Polack to boot. Doesn't seem like the kind of girl you take home to Mom when you're on the verge of your awesome political career. They reportedly vetted Tory for mayor in 2003, you'd think they'd do the same with potential kin.:confused:

@jlancasterCBC
It's gonna be a busy afternoon if things play out...#TOpoli

@jlancasterCBC
Also, seems like Provincial Crown waiting till the 11th hour to reveal whether public will get access to more info in #ProjectTraveller.

Didn't I say slobo is in the run. Rehab is a ruse. Oh, where's Thug!

This could be thee MOST POLITICAL AFTERNOON, EVER!

Put the points of connection on the dots;)

I meant one step above as in that's how little he has to fall socially to be amongst them, not that RoFo's one step above them morally or ethically or anything. I've known quite a few homeless people over the years, and none of them deserve to be where they are.

My misunderstanding. Thanks for clarifying.

Does anyone know how in heaven's name Renata ever passed muster with Clan Ford in the first place? Divorced, a drinker and (in Doug's own lovely turn of phrase) a Polack to boot. Doesn't seem like the kind of girl you take home to Mom when you're on the verge of your awesome political career. They reportedly vetted Tory for mayor in 2003, you'd think they'd do the same with potential kin.:confused:

What chu talking bout Willis.....she fit right in to the addict lifestyle.

I suspect that the family thought the optics of a married politician are better than those of an unmarried one.

Plus, it's Rob. He's a boorish ass of a man, who even if he looked like George Clooney would have issues keeping any rational woman. When pickings are slim, you've gotta hold on to what you find.

Doolittle dug up a bit more - Renata was previously married (his name's in Crazytown) and I think it was implied that her drinking helped end the marriage. So, while I think the Fords met in high school, they didn't get together until some time later. Makes me wonder if he re-met her in a local bar...

Thanks kindly - I never got around to reading Crazytown, so this is news to me.

Um, it's just ITO info going public, no?

I thought the same but he did say "Also, it looks like they are waiting til the 11th hour to release documents"

Sounds like something else but I have no idea. It might be in reference to Doug's 'proof' of rehab (which will probably just be a picture of robbie on treadmill while Eye of the Tiger plays in the background)

What chu talking bout Willis.....she fit right in to the addict lifestyle.
Wasn't thinking of the addict lifestyle was thinking of successful politician lifestyle - 24 Sussex - because Prime Minister Rob Ford is supposed to be a thing some day. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back