431     7 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 344     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been hugging me. I mean, it's awfully convenient. And more than a little vague. And if someone just happened to call with a highly secret bit of info you were hoping for, wouldn't you question how they got your number?

Ya, how'd he get Prices number and why of all people did he only call Price? Cops pulled Prices phone records. What happens if the only people to call him around the time he claims were Ford and Lisi?

Does anyone else find David Prices story about the mystery caller randomly telling him about the link between Smith and the video suspicious? You think he just found this stuff out from Lisi or Ford, panicked and told Towhey, while making up the mystery caller part to protect his source?
I always thought Price's "full and frank" confession of things to Mark Towhey -- a guy who didn't like or respect Price (& I bet Price knew it)-- was weird.

It's possible that Price made up the mystery caller to explain how they knew the unit numbers that the video was in. If Rob blurted out in front of staff something about apt #1703, maybe they needed to invent a mystery tipster to explain how the mayor came up with that apt number in the first place.

He received another threat

I wouldn't be surprised, but I wonder if all the threats are from people who oppose him as mayor.
What about threats arising from his criminal dealings? Generally, people mixed up in such things don't report those threats to the cops, but this guy is a) arrogant, and b) in a position to use the cops to protect him in a way no other thug who is being threatened can because he holds a prominent public office.

What about threats arising from his criminal dealings? Generally, people mixed up in such things don't report those threats to the cops, but this guy is a) arrogant, and b) in a position to use the cops to protect him in a way no other thug who is being threatened can because he holds a prominent public office.

That was what I assumed happened, if it is even real.

Ya, how'd he get Prices number and why of all people did he only call Price? Cops pulled Prices phone records. What happens if the only people to call him around the time he claims were Ford and Lisi?
if he's got regular dealings with shady people who use burner phones, he may have gotten a call that was not from some mystery guy at all, but he can point to that call/number and say "yup, that was it" and the cops won't be able to trace the number to anyone because the phone was always just a throw-away.

I always thought Price's "full and frank" confession of things to Mark Towhey -- a guy who didn't like or respect Price (& I bet Price knew it)-- was weird.

It's possible that Price made up the mystery caller to explain how they knew the unit numbers that the video was in. If Rob blurted out in front of staff something about apt #1703, maybe they needed to invent a mystery tipster to explain how the mayor came up with that apt number in the first place.

I agree, but strange he threw in the bit about Anthony Smith being killed for having the crack video on his phone.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I wonder if all the threats are from people who oppose him as mayor.

Ya, of the three threats I'm aware of, two were from crazed Ford fans and one was MacIntyre.

I wonder if RoFo has been having medical problems? It could explain him being MIA lately.
Heart and liver issues usually catch up to obese alcoholic drug users. Add in the stress of 24hr police surveillance, and with the cherry on top of his wife leaving him, RoFo is ripe for a medical emergency.

I agree, but strange he threw in the bit about Anthony Smith being killed for having the crack video on his phone.

Ya, of the three threats I'm aware of, two were from crazed Ford fans and one was MacIntyre.

Not disbelieving, only asking;
Is it confirmed Price specifically mentioned THE crack vid?
Did Mac threaten RoF from prison?

BTW, I want to know who you'd like to play you in the Movie/Series? This whole infuriating mess will be a watershed moment, IMO; 1. Citizen Journalism 2. Technology Spread 3. Depths of accepted depravity from elected officials 4.Drug culture in the main stream 5. Intolerance

Anyway, want to give props again for the infos.

So I now wonder - with Sterling being banned for life by the NBA - if Ford's Crack video (or not if but when) sees light of day would we expect a similar public backlash...?

For wheeler98, today's New Yorker cartoon:

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 2.22.21 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 2.22.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 2.22.21 PM.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,064
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back