News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kneel before Ford
kneel-mayor-ford.png
kneel2.jpg

I think this has been pointed out before but the comment a former Bosco player makes about Sandusky checking out one of the players is either a joke in poor taste or something to look into. Saying Sandusky in relation to a football coach is like saying bomb on a plane, you just don't go there! It reminds me of the time the Globe and Mail contacted me saying they were trying to talk to as many former players of Ford's in regards to some disturbing rumours going around. I didn't talk to them as I have friends at their competitor.

That looks like Rofo just met up with the crowd at City Hall while Tory actually marched...

There was a city article that stated that Rob Ford wasn't attending the parade and hadn't even bothered to respond to the organizers. I bet he came down when he realized every other political figure in the province was there.

Call me ignorant about the world's cultures, but is there something inherently offensive about wearing that ... um... cranium accessory?

Rob seems to put on various religious headgear whenever he is a guest at some religious function. I wonder why that particular picture is a big deal.

Are you just talking about Rob? IIRC all participating (male?) politicians do so for Khalsa Day.

There was a city article that stated that Rob Ford wasn't attending the parade and hadn't even bothered to respond to the organizers. I bet he came down when he realized every other political figure in the province was there.

"Federal Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, NDP Leader Tom Mulcair, Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney and Premier Kathleen Wynne are among the dignitaries who were there, as was Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak and Andrea Horwath, leader of the Ontario New Democrats.

Mayoral candidates John Tory and Olivia Chow also said they’d take part."
http://www.680news.com/2014/04/27/thousands-to-mark-sikh-new-year-at-khalsa-day-parade/

"Mayor Rob Ford attended the event for the first time since he was elected mayor, despite organizers saying the mayor had not replied to his invitation."

I think this has been pointed out before but the comment a former Bosco player makes about Sandusky checking out one of the players is either a joke in poor taste or something to look into. Saying Sandusky in relation to a football coach is like saying bomb on a plane, you just don't go there! It reminds me of the time the Globe and Mail contacted me saying they were trying to talk to as many former players of Ford's in regards to some disturbing rumours going around. I didn't talk to them as I have friends at their competitor.

!!!

edit: the facebook comment references "Sandusky checking out Olutu," and if you look at the tags, Olutu is on the far right, close to some other guy. Joke or not, it doesn't seem to be Ford-related.

Last edited:
"Federal Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, NDP Leader Tom Mulcair, Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney and Premier Kathleen Wynne are among the dignitaries who were there, as was Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak and Andrea Horwath, leader of the Ontario New Democrats.

Mayoral candidates John Tory and Olivia Chow also said they’d take part."
http://www.680news.com/2014/04/27/thousands-to-mark-sikh-new-year-at-khalsa-day-parade/

"Mayor Rob Ford attended the event for the first time since he was elected mayor, despite organizers saying the mayor had not replied to his invitation."

This is the sequence from 2:51 to 6:00 from the sit in:

2:51 Okay, @tomayorford just walked into his office. /CC

Ford’s chief of staff @danjacobs_ just walked in. I asked if Ford's participating today. He said “if he’s here.” I said he is. “Then yes”.CC

There are two other staffers plus his chief of staff here with @tomayorford today. Most unusual for a Sunday afternoon. /CC

Two more people just walked into @tomayorford’s office. Not sure if they’re staff. Younger man & woman. Didn’t recognize. /CC

They had passkeys though & were able to scan through & enter the locked doors. /CC

We just spoke with the Sikh rep - didn’t get his name, went by too fast; basically said protocol dictated they had to invite Ford. /CC

He said Ford accepted their invitation this Friday and will be doing the official opening announcement, I believe. /CC

.@tomayorford’s receptionist Graeme is in the office now, sitting directly behind me. Nearly full complement of staff here today! /CC

.@TOMayorFord just got on elevator wearing orange head scarf. /CC

.@TOMayorFord welcoming people to Khalsa Day. /CC

Very short address, maybe 1.5 minutes. No reaction from crowd. /CC

Young Michael Ford, Rob's nephew, just walked into Ford's office. /CC

.@TOMayorFord & staffers just walked back into office. /CC

Small crowd of people here knocking on Ford's office door hoping he'll come out. They want a photo. /CC

Receptionist Graeme came out & said he's in a meeting but he'll ask. /CC

Graeme comes back out & breaks news that Ford won't be coming out for a photo anytime soon. Guys are disappointed, but sticking around. /CC

6:00 Their patience paid off - the 5 young guys got their selfies with @TOMayorFord, who's just leaving. /CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back