640     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 576     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only going to get one bobble head. It was only when I got closer did I notice that the bobbles were of him wearing his black suit with a red tie and another with a black bow tie commemorating his recent trip to LA. I thought what a great PR move and only 2500 of each running $30 a piece. There was also a $100 bobble head of him with a football tie. $90 was still more than what I was expecting to buy. I've posted picks of them on my FB only to receive requests for them. I should have bought more as I am giving a couple them away to friends. Next time I'll get more.

The more the media beats him up the more support he gets.

I've noticed a bit of a shift where Ford supporters no longer argue that he SHOULD be re-elected, merely that he will be. I'm not going to sit here and argue about how many people support Ford. It's clear that many still do. However I believe they are direly mistaken about which direction Toronto should be headed in.
Among some supporters on Twitter who I've interacted with, there almost seems to be a Stockholm Syndrome thing going on, where they don't particularly like Ford but he's convinced them he's the only one who can keep tax increases low, like it's his own unique ability. Bullshit! Lastman kept them flat!

I've noticed a bit of a shift where Ford supporters no longer argue that he SHOULD be re-elected, merely that he will be. I'm not going to sit here and argue about how many people support Ford. It's clear that many still do. However I believe they are direly mistaken about which direction Toronto should be headed in.
Among some supporters on Twitter who I've interacted with, there almost seems to be a Stockholm Syndrome thing going on, where they don't particularly like Ford but he's convinced them he's the only one who can keep tax increases low, like it's his own unique ability. Bullshit! Lastman kept them flat!

Some of these guys are living in some fantasy world, it's best to leave them in their fantasy. It's pointless arguing with them.

I was only going to get one bobble head. It was only when I got closer did I notice that the bobbles were of him wearing his black suit with a red tie and another with a black bow tie commemorating his recent trip to LA. I thought what a great PR move and only 2500 of each running $30 a piece. There was also a $100 bobble head of him with a football tie. $90 was still more than what I was expecting to buy. I've posted picks of them on my FB only to receive requests for them. I should have bought more as I am giving a couple them away to friends. Next time I'll get more.

I wonder if Ford would argue that he has been a more successful conservative than Stephen Harper. Harper is still wildly popular among his core and he isn't out there telling lies and raising funds by selling bobbleheads... Harper doesn't have to nor do I think they would be such a commodity item as Fords'.

Fords bobbleheads sell not because he's a good conservative politician - they sell because they are a souvenir of a notorious freak show.

As others have stated, Ford Nation has a small but determined base. Doug will make sure come October, each one will get to vote at least two or three times.

Lisa Blais ‏@LisaBlais1 26m

Deadly quiet at the sit-in today. In my boredom, took a few shots of the rotunda, whereupon a security guard raced up the stairs . . . 1/2

accused me of taking pics of the security guard station, and demanded I scroll through all the pics on my camera for her. What the hell??

Lisa Blais ‏@LisaBlais1 26m

Deadly quiet at the sit-in today. In my boredom, took a few shots of the rotunda, whereupon a security guard raced up the stairs . . . 1/2

accused me of taking pics of the security guard station, and demanded I scroll through all the pics on my camera for her. What the hell??

I would have refused and called for a cop if they insisted. You know, cuz you can sit at a sit-in un-guarded but can't snap a pic of the inside of the building you are sitting in???

I would have refused and called for a cop if they insisted. You know, cuz you can sit at a sit-in un-guarded but can't snap a pic of the inside of the building you are sitting in???

Don't you need a permit to take photos in City Hall?

Another "come to Jesus" moment?
Just one more!
friday.jpg

Attachments

• friday.jpg
    friday.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 837
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back