1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 445     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm not the only one to find the exploitation of Ben Johnson terribly sad. My initial reaction was to laugh at the obvious absurdity of yet another day at the Ford Family City Hall Circus, but then to think of this poor, naive man, clearly of very limited intellect and judgment, being held up to such ridicule by a couple of shameless, scheming scumbags for cheap, divisive points....ugh.

When I saw the two of them together it made me think of what Mel Lastman was quoted as saying about Rob, "I'm not a genius, obviously, but he makes me look like one."
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2012/10/11/quoted-mel-lastman-rob-ford-genius/

Not sure if this has been posted..

Julia Louis-Dreyfus appears nude on the cover of Rolling Stone this week, but she takes no responsibility for the decision.

"In my defense, 'I was in a drunken stupor' #crackexcuse," she tweeted on Tuesday night, referring to embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford.

The 53-year-old "Veep" star, who plays U.S. Vice President Selina Meyer on the HBO sitcom, has said in the past that Ford would not be out of place on her series.

Not sure if this has been posted..

Julia Louis-Dreyfus appears nude on the cover of Rolling Stone this week, but she takes no responsibility for the decision.

"In my defense, 'I was in a drunken stupor' #crackexcuse," she tweeted on Tuesday night, referring to embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford.

The 53-year-old "Veep" star, who plays U.S. Vice President Selina Meyer on the HBO sitcom, has said in the past that Ford would not be out of place on her series.

And the Ford brothers are probably still thinking she and others, like Kimmel, are laughing with them.

Maybe it's still that way---I tend to look away from the Sun boxes these days so as not to get myself riled up.

Just so you don't have to look, here's todays front-page.

Rob ( of course ) Ben J., that Trailer Park guy, 6/49 and a personal injury lawyer.

I remember guys who carried the Sun with their City of Toronto issued lunch buckets as if it was their bible. Reading the Sun was a real part of their daily ritual.

Last edited:
It's how people who don't read speak. If you've never seen a word or phrase in print, you're probably very likely to mangle it verbally. Doug in particular makes the mistake of thinking that he actually is articulate, and that's what gets him into trouble.

There's also a certain amount of disfluency that comes with making stuff up on the spot, not least when Rob or Doug are trying to turn accusations against their accusers. Sure, Rob may have admitted (after all) to smoking crack, but hey, let's drug-test everyone. Rob's accused of corruption? Hey, everyone but Rob and Doug Holyday (and presumably DoFo as well) is corrupt. Come at me, bro.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...trailer_park_boys_actor_to_campaign_team.html

Firstly, the Johnson "endorsement" was provided by a pr firm, completely fabricated. Secondly, how does this explain the campaign work on city property? Doesn't it really just imply that they were doing even more campaign work at city hall?
PR firm, you say? The owner of that "PR firm" is Neil Forester. Forester seems a lot more interested in MMA fighting than he does in PR. This is his gym. According to their Facebook page, they book such events as Ice T and Coco at UNIUN. Why does everything to do with Rob Ford connect to adult men living in their parent's basements (probably as a release condition) or night clubs?

From a photo on their Facebook page, I found out that the guy visible behind Ford and Johnson in the videos is "Uncle Ricky", who turns out to be Rick Smiciklas, CEO of Wild Wings. I don't know if "Uncle Ricky" is actually Forester's uncle, or if that's just his slightly creepy nickname.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not the only one to find the exploitation of Ben Johnson terribly sad. My initial reaction was to laugh at the obvious absurdity of yet another day at the Ford Family City Hall Circus, but then to think of this poor, naive man, clearly of very limited intellect and judgment, being held up to such ridicule by a couple of shameless, scheming scumbags for cheap, divisive points....ugh.

I understand how some members of Ford Nation may see the addition of Johnson as adding a bit of prestige to Rob's campaign ("He's famous!) - at least I've seen the argument put forth on Twitter. It was interesting to see Rob defend Johnson's addition to the campaign (in whatever capacity that might be right now; what time is it?) despite Johnson's past. "Took drugs? That's personal!" No Rob, he took a performance enhancing substance (not a "recreational" one) it ruined his career. What I find funny is not the idea that both "Rob and Ben took drugs and it's personal" as being a defensible argument, but that by having Ben on Rob's team is more like the equivalent of an endorsement to stuffing the ballot box. :confused:

I understand how some members of Ford Nation may see the addition of Johnson as adding a bit of prestige to Rob's campaign ("He's famous!) - at least I've seen the argument put forth on Twitter. It was interesting to see Rob defend Johnson's addition to the campaign (in whatever capacity that might be right now; what time is it?) despite Johnson's past. "Took drugs? That's personal!" No Rob, he took a performance enhancing substance (not a "recreational" one) it ruined his career. What I find funny is not the idea that both "Rob and Ben took drugs and it's personal" as being a defensible argument, but that by having Ben on Rob's team is more like the equivalent of an endorsement to stuffing the ballot box. :confused:

You know "Dwayne Johnson" has family in town... wonder if we could recruit him to campaign for the "Anybody but Ford" side?
He is way more famous than Ben...

I understand how some members of Ford Nation may see the addition of Johnson as adding a bit of prestige to Rob's campaign ("He's famous!) - at least I've seen the argument put forth on Twitter.

Ben's no longer notorious enough to attract me to their circus. If they want to ante up and rent something like Bonnie and Clyde's "death car" that might do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back