764     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 914     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 638     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could either of these guys possibly have to contribute to a political campaign.

Is this Rob's way of embracing the fact he is nothing but a circus sideshow?

Even he isn't taking himself seriously anymore. It makes me mad. Get out of the way and let the adults discuss the issues.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 1h
With Ben Johnson on Rob Ford's team, the men behind the two biggest drug scandals in Canadian history have joined forces.

:p

yup, ya got me

it's an in joke for all on this thread who also view /r/toronto on reddit

best way to handle trolls is either ignore them (which no one, no where, seems to have the discipline to do), or reply quickly with some kind of rubbish to match or surpass the troll's, except completely nonsensical, often leading those who aren't in on the ruse to rise up with questions about what the rubbish reply was supposed to mean, and to the delight of those who are in on it

the couple of posts i've made with phil and the pants were lifted from reddit's /u/MikeTheSpike, who has made numerous posts in the continuing saga of phil

sorry for any confusion, and hey there, all you trolls, how ya doin'?

That's funny stuff. It had me shaking my head for a moment but what a brilliant way to annoy trolls and to amuse the rest of us.
Trolls only exist to inflame anyhow, so I have no problem messin' with them.

Oh God. Sam Tarasco and I used to work together. We are friends on Facebook. I just checked his page and there's the picture of Rob, Ben and him. Lots of comments about crack.

All I can think is that he's using this as a chance to raise his profile. When he wasn't doing TPBs he was a bouncer and managed sketchy call centres in Halifax.

Also on Facebook with Sam - we went to high school together (West Humber Collegiate). I do hope is this being done with a large dose of irony, maybe performance art??

“Rob doesn’t hang out with the champagne-sipping elitists."

Now it's champagne? What happened to the wine-sipping elitists? Did Doug find out that wine was being served at his mom's house during Ford Fests?

Yes -- we all know that Rob prefers to hang out with drug-users, criminals, and thugs.

Ooops, it looks like Ford Nation has problems with staff:

Don Peat
‏@reporterdonpeat
Ford Nation Facebook group apologizes for the Krista Ford post that prompted the Doug Ford press conference #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/GQMXYij98U

I am a Jamaican so I feel fine saying this; this whole Jamaican connection to Rob Ford has to to addressed. I have heard too many Jamaicans speak about forgiving him, or endorsing him. Rob Ford's Jamaican patois rant has indelibly connected him to the Jamaican community. And now Ben Johnson is part of his campaign. I wish that the Jamaican community in Toronto would have some solidarity to make a clear disavowal of Rob Ford as mayor. If they want to forgive Ford, the man fine, but not endorse him as mayor. I feel ashamed of this sometimes, and angry.

Last edited:
This is way funnier than the reddit humor side of this thread...

that's not saying much, though. Lot of BS here lately, too much to wade through.

To think some people drove away Johnny Au for an awkward post every couple of days -- he wasn't really bothering anyone -- just so we could put up with the sh!t going on here lately: rudeness, inane pics, inside jokes that aren't funny, off-topic BS, an unfunny troll that everyone is applauding. Where are the moderators? My ignore list tripled in size today.

I imagine Rob and Doug went looking for celebrities to support their campaign and get the donors out, and this was all they could come up with---a disgraced former Olympian and a fourth-string actor on The Trailer Park Boys. I wonder who was next on the list after these guys? I'm thinking they'd be down to choosing between the son of the guy who played Relic on The Beachcombers, and a random German Shepherd they'd tell people was The Littlest Hobo.

Really a cheating steroid fuelled Jamaican runner? Quite the master plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back