870     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 547     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting:

rae deeton ‏@RaeDeeton 5h
@joe_warmington @scottandrewb @TOMayorFord former crown attorney Bruno Martino attending Jays' game with Ford sends a bad message!

Johnny B ‏@MayorJeebus 2h
@RaeDeeton Crown attorney? Bruno Martino is a restaurant owner. I believe Pina, OPC candidate, is his daughter. @scottandrewb #topoli

rae deeton ‏@RaeDeeton 1h
@MayorJeebus @scottandrewb that may have been her dad but she's married to a former crown for Ontario.

Johnny B ‏@MayorJeebus 1h
@RaeDeeton Andrew Martino? Never heard of him. @scottandrewb

rae deeton ‏@RaeDeeton 39m
@MayorJeebus @scottandrewb pina intends to run again for a seat with the #OPC right in the Fords' backyard in etobicoke.

Johnny B ‏@MayorJeebus 16m
@RaeDeeton Yes, I know who @PINAMARTINOPC is. She’s part of the Ford crime syndicate. #topoli @scottandrewb

Ah...Vancouver

Off topic, but I would like to know what it's like to live in Vancouver.

It's not off topic if you're planning to abandon us here in October and flee to B.C., right?
Vancouver has easy access to recreational wild space. There are garden gnomes and forest fairies everywhere. There are Mountains and the Ocean in view.
Toronto has nothing remotely comparable to the downtown lower east side, Pickton hunting ground. Not even Regent Park on a bad day.
Gastown mixes the junkies with the affluent tourists and young downtown party people.
Though it's changed since I've been there, areas around U.B.C make for nice crunchy granola neighbourhoods. And please visit the remarkable Museum of Anthropology at UBC.
Hastings.jpg

Prepare for the culture shock of transit operators that give you a friendly greeting. And people just generally more cheerfully outgoing.

Attachments

• Hastings.jpg
    Hastings.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
Absolutely true. Ford is delusional and addicted enough that this will likely end up blowing up in his face, through complete fault of his own.

And perhaps through "crimes (or whatever) yet to be committed". That is, not only the delusion that TPS has stopped looking at the Fords as a result of the Brazen 2 "exoneration", but that the cops have no reason to *ever* look at them. *Again*. The Fords are free, now and forevermore--"nyah nyah, you missed us, coppers". Right before the getaway vehicle slams into a wall.

Which one? Post #?

I can't easily see the post # using my mobile view - but I was referring to the post sent by Kensington at 02:09 this morning. The picture of sweaty Rob that was posted in the first link is not recent. Based on the discussion that happened after that link was posted, I think some people here believed it was from last night.

Edited - I now realize this has been addressed - sorry, I was pages behind!

Last edited:
It's not off topic if you're planning to abandon us here in October and flee to B.C., right?
Vancouver has easy access to recreational wild space. There are garden gnomes and forest fairies everywhere. There are Mountains and the Ocean in view.
Toronto has nothing remotely comparable to the downtown lower east side, Pickton hunting ground. Not even Regent Park on a bad day.
Gastown mixes the junkies with the affluent tourists and young downtown party people.
Though it's changed since I've been there, areas around U.B.C make for nice crunchy granola neighbourhoods. And please visit the remarkable Museum of Anthropology at UBC.
View attachment 24428
Prepare for the culture shock of transit operators that give you a friendly greeting. And people just generally more cheerfully outgoing.
People there seem to walk/jog/bike more. The one thing that struck me was you don't see a lot of overweight people there like you do here. Not sure I could handle 4 months of rain but nesting bald eagles, huge trees, mountains etc. can make it worthwhile. It's definitely more expensive, though. Transit is excellent but bus drivers are maniacs!

Last edited:
So if it's true that the TPS is still looking through iPhone evidence than just what the hell were these so-called media "sources" telling us the case had stalled getting at? What was the OPP getting at? This is really disturbing me far more than the Ford case at this point. What happened to "without fear and without favour"?

Jeet Heer raises the issue of Ford-as-gangster, and the obvious implication that powerful elites have condoned and protected his ass for years.

http://sanseverything.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/rob-ford-and-gangsterism/

The prospect the OPP tried to kneecap the TPS investigation by their surprise (and premature) announcement that no charges are ready to be laid against Ford is disturbing. If it were merely the OPP stating a hard truth about the lack of strong evidence tying Ford to extortion, they would have informed the TPS they were about to make a public statement. Keeping the TPS in the dark on this might have been a calculated move designed to create the public perception that Ford is in the clear. It might still fit with MM's theory that political interference is occurring now as a way to delay the inevitable as a means of protecting others. Who knows.

Last edited:
So when Doug claimed we knew all along Rob was the one being extorted did he let the cat out of the bag that he knew the crack video was legit from the start? He still claims Ron kept him in the dark.
Doug doesn't know what he knows/doesn't know from one minute to the next. He is such an habitual liar that he trips himself up on a regular basis.

I think the 'imminent arrest' rumours came from low level TPS sources who heard that the investigation had gone to OPP to sign off on and assumed it was a rubber stamp.

I think the 'imminent arrest' rumours came from low level TPS sources who heard that the investigation had gone to OPP to sign off on and assumed it was a rubber stamp.

Makes sense! If I was Giroux I wouldn't want ANY leaks coming from whomever's working Brazen 2 at the moment. Maybe lower level TPS peeps are just connecting dots ahead of time.

There was a lot of chatter though. It wouldn't just be coming from the low levels.
It probably was either to put pressure on the opp, if they were dragging their heels (opp had come on board a couple of weeks before). Or to kick Fords in the ass to do something stupid when they thought the cops were going to get warrants to search Deco/home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back