4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. If people cared that much, there would have been far more people out protesting him at City Hall.

Yep, if people really cared they'd assemble where Ford is holding his first big fundraiser and intimidate the fuck out of everyone going by recording their license plate # and taking their picture. Outing the moneyed interests that are supporting Rub and Tug Ford might make some of these asshats think twice.

Do the police need an actual voice recording of Ford ordering Lisi to get back the video? I don't think so. TPS have the phone records showing calls between Ford and Lisi right after Gawker broke the story. It's very clear that Lisi got involved because of Ford, and with Lisi's record, Rob had to know that it could get ugly. The cops have everything they need to get Ford, I think they're just waiting for the final nail looking through Lisi's phone records. At this point it really doesn't matter, Ford is done, whether he's arrested or not. It's just a matter of time, and October is fast approaching.

Last edited:
Do the police need an actual voice recording of Ford ordering Lisi to get back the video? I don't think so. TPS have the phone records showing calls between Ford and Lisi right after Gawker broke the story. It's very clear that Lisi got involved because of Ford, and with Lisi's record, Rob had to know that it could get ugly. The cops have everything they need to get Ford, I think they're just waiting for the final nail looking through Lisi's phone records. At this point it really doesn't matter, Ford is done, whether he's arrested or not. It's just a matter of time, and October is coming quickly.

I think if it were a "non-celebrity" charges would have already been laid. Lawyers would present the evidence at trial and draw inferences for the judge/jury and let the chips fall where they may. But in this case, in order to avoid the "left-wing conspiracy" allegations, the Crown wants the "smoking gun". They need the contents of that 40 second phone call to implicate Ford beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think if it were a "non-celebrity" charges would have already been laid. Lawyers would present the evidence at trial and draw inferences for the judge/jury and let the chips fall where they may. But in this case, in order to avoid the "left-wing conspiracy" allegations, the Crown wants the "smoking gun". They need the contents of that 40 second phone call to implicate Ford beyond a reasonable doubt.

Do they really need it? Rob would have been finished politically if the video had been released. I think TPS would like a smoking gun, but I don't think they need one. Connecting the dots is pretty easy in this case.

The paper thing is hysterical, it's like listening to a child reading aloud in school for the first time.

I do have a few questions:

1) When did YouTube start allowing people to sell things, especially for the purpose of campaigning, and funding that campaign?

Yes, Doug struggling to read really shows you why those people don't read a damn thing that might make them more informed members of society, much less council.

As for 1), YouTube doesn't care if you advertise products with your videos. YouTube doesn't have a storefront for you to use or anything. They'll sell their bobbleheads and junk on another site.

Well it looks like someone's been having some fun with the robfordformayor.ca website. The "Donate Now/Make a Donation" tabs take you to a YouTube video of Justin Bieber tripping while playing basketball. Of all the great YouTube fodder out there, the great Rob Ford YouTube fodder even, why this lame Bieber clip?

Weird interview with Doug on am640. He claims they've always thought Rob was the one being extorted. But when asked if Rob told him, hey, I'm being extorted Doug said no. Then when asked why if Rob was being extorted didn't he go to police, Doug answers with we want to move on.
Remember, way back in May or early June, Doug used the word extortion. I'm not sure if the Fords were ever contacted for money, but Doug was certainly aware of the video last spring. Doug lies, again.

Well it looks like someone's been having some fun with the robfordformayor.ca website. The "Donate Now/Make a Donation" tabs take you to a YouTube video of Justin Bieber tripping while playing basketball. Of all the great YouTube fodder out there, the great Rob Ford YouTube fodder even, why this lame Bieber clip?

I don't see that...

Do they really need it? Rob would have been finished politically if the video had been released. I think TPS would like a smoking gun, but I don't think they need one. Connecting the dots is pretty easy in this case.

We all know what's in the video, that it's real, and that RoFo smoked crack in it. It hasn't particularly damaged him amongst Fraud Nation, given the polls before and after.

I wonder if the media will pester Rob in to snapping on the question "What was said in the 40 second phone call?" - and get him to incriminate himself? Any bets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back