News   Jul 16, 2024
 547     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 678     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begin at the beginning

I'm new here. Enjoying the banter. It struck me to look at the very first post in this thread and funny enough it's metroman, 5 weeks before the election in 2010, asking about how folks think Ford's next four years will go, considering his opponents are propelling him into office. Too weird.

I'm thinking I agree with the new OPP guy idea. Imagine starting a new job with a legacy event in the first few days (here's hoping!)

I'm new here. Enjoying the banter. It struck me to look at the very first post in this thread and funny enough it's metroman, 5 weeks before the election in 2010, asking about how folks think Ford's next four years will go, considering his opponents are propelling him into office. Too weird.

I'm thinking I agree with the new OPP guy idea. Imagine starting a new job with a legacy event in the first few days (here's hoping!)

Second that.

*no actual insider info disclaimer*

My gut is still with post Billy Bishop / Porter Expansion Council meeting... now with a qualifier for getting Hawkes up to speed. Still strong on Wednesday.

*/no actual insider info disclaimer*

I'm with you, although I think Thursday. I have no inside info outside of what MM has told us. I think thought that Wednesday/Thursday is a good bet based on his tweets.

If he is not arrested by the end of this week I will be disappointed.

That big-spender Kelly--he can't forage in the dumpster behind city hall for staff meals like everyone else?

reporterdonpeat 8:54pm via Web
Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly's taxpayer-funded office expenses includes $500 dinner for his staff at Dynasty Chinese Cuisine

That Norm Kelly is some cheapskate, eh? Heck. Any one Rob's staffers could have paid for those dinners 10 times over with the raises he gave them as incentives to stay with his office.

I'm with you, although I think Thursday. I have no inside info outside of what MM has told us. I think thought that Wednesday/Thursday is a good bet based on his tweets.

Or Friday, which is my day in the pool. Just sayin'.

Me too. There had better be a REALLY good excuse to drag it out further. If the outcome of the YTZ vote is to defer rather than take a stand either way, it may well be tomorrow afternoon... but the whole fools thing really screws that day. Take EVERYTHING you see in the next 12 hours or so with a HUGE grain of salt, everyone...

These are the April picks.

JWBF Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
Bob But Not Doug Apr 02
Jado Apr 02
r937 Apr 03
RoboHobo Apr 04
VintagePunk Apr 04
anne Apr 07
JWBF's wife Apr 08
Ahsun Apr 10
Irishmonk Apr 10
sixrings Apr 11
eastcoastanddown Apr 11
thereverend Apr 15
LordWanker Apr 18
pattycakes Apr 19
drk Apr 20
Dubster Apr 20
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21
Soop Apr 23
smalltown Apr 29

Equally, it is bad to turn off potential voters who lean slightly to the left. All of whom did a serious double take when he tweeted that he was attending an event with one of the most loathed figures of the last 15 years. A man who is a genuine bête noire to progressives everywhere. It was definitely a misstep announcing he was there.

Except that "progressives" and "lean slightly to the left" are two different things. And on the whole, I think this'd pass under the bridge for all but the hardcore anti-G20 crowd--who've already by and large committed to Chow, unless they feel *she's* too much the dithering moderate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back