1.9K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 652     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 984     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! It's not like he came up with new talking points. These are the same slogans he's been using for the last year, if not longer.

Like I said earlier, totally disgusted by todays debacle.

Yeah, I would have expected more from Warren....but someone in the other thread said that he thought that OC didn't really want to do; that she was forced into it.

I wonder if it is too late for Stintz and Socknacki to ask for refunds?

LOL, point noted....hopefully by their minions.

I don't remember that show. I do remember the 20-workout being on every morning at work. Harmless fun to watch and enjoy in the pre-internet era. Judging by the angles, the cameramen must have been lying on their backs.
The workout girls were on a raised white moving turntable which blended in with the white backdrop. Filmed at 99 Queen E before City moved to Queen and John. It was a huge success in syndication considering how little it cost to make.

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I was so pissed off watching that debate. Why did none of the candidates go after Ford harder?

He keeps trying to marginalize his lies, indiscretions, and law-breaking as "his personal life". So why not say things like "in my personal life, I don't smoke crack. I spend time with my spouse and children. I don't hang out with known gang members, I frequent this fine city's restaurants. I don't lie about my alcoholism and drug taking, I walk along our waterfront. ". Etc.

These candidates disgust me with their cowardess.

They need to go after him with easily memorable and repeatable sound bites that slay him. And they need to repeat the hell out of them. Ford will stick to his sound bites, so it's going to be easy to predict what he will say, so for god sake, get media trained, get better spoken and better prepared, and bring a god damned fight to the table! I'm passionate about this city and I want to see some damn passion from these candidates as to how disgusted they are with Ford and his so-called personal life. He can't be allowed to marginalize his abysmal judgement as merely a personal problem.

The world is watching people, step up your fucking game.

How would one go about getting involved in Toronto politics? I would love to take action but don't know where to start.

These guys have websites and pages for volunteering.

Here is Soknacki's page http://www.soknacki2014.com/

I've thought about volunteering myself. I've never done that sort of thing before either and I am going to wait until after my exams.

Are you a woman? Because if you are you could just call Rob and he'll explain everything.

lol, only after he's had enough to eat at home.

If you are a woman AT, there is WiTOpoli, Women in Toronto Politics. I have started volunteering with them, and they are a great group of people!

I met with one TPS source today before the debate. They've heard the locker room rumours of Ford's imminent arrest. While they wouldn't pinpoint a date for his arrest, they said that they've got him and an arrest can happen any day now. It's merely one call away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back