1.3K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.8K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone happened to have bookmarked the final 'arrest date' post that Basic put together?
I've not had any luck with the search function on this forum...It doesn't seem to show anything past February for some reason.
Very much appreciated!

Would anyone happened to have bookmarked the final 'arrest date' post that Basic put together?
I've not had any luck with the search function on this forum...It doesn't seem to show anything past February for some reason.
Very much appreciated!
I think the last date in the pool was in Sept.
But if you search through the posts by date, it should be around March 8th or 9th.

I've seen AVAN-### on a Smart car.

I've seen BENZ-### on a Benz.

Random chance can be amusing.

You can actually order what would otherwise be a stock plate ahead of it's release. There used to be a discount 'personalized' rate for that, but it looks like it's the full $251.65 personalized hit now.

i've seen avan-### on a smart car.

I've seen benz-### on a benz.

a55 rgy

funny-license-plates-ass-orgy-florida.jpg

Attachments

• funny-license-plates-ass-orgy-florida.jpg
    funny-license-plates-ass-orgy-florida.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 584
I think the last date in the pool was in Sept.
But if you search through the posts by date, it should be around March 8th or 9th.

Thanks!!! I found it - post #48698. (March 10th)
For some reason, I thought it was in the first week of March & I just gave up looking after (what seemed like) a few hundred pages. :)

Last edited:
I don't mean in your case.

But, sometimes ( it appears to me ) licence plate numbers and letters have been intentionally faded.

That wouldn't surprise me but it's risky. Someone told me I could get ticketed because my plate numbers were so faded. The funny thing is, because I bought new plates I didn't have to pay the vehicle registration tax!

Very clever! ( and naughty :D )

To add: From what I understand, this was not a special order. It was simply a random issue.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/license.asp

Check this in your rear-view mirror!

3M TA3
The Snopes article is great. They have to have real live people checking the combos because computers just don't have the impish humour to see where the offensive plates may turn up.

Ford's old license plate was "ROB FORD". I'm sure he felt more comfortable driving himself into shady situations after he got new plates.

He did switch from ROB FORD to DON BOSCO for a while--and IIRC only "went generic" after being sacked from his Don Bosco job...

I've seen AVAN-### on a Smart car.

I've seen BENZ-### on a Benz.

What's the relevance of AVAN to Smart (other than that a Smart is decidedly not a van, perhaps)?

As for the Ford and Lisi plates, another vote for coincidence. My plate and that of one of my neighbours have the same 4 letters and the numbers differ by about 100-150. Probably just issued around the same time and/or by the same office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back