3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 656     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, who has April 17th in the pool? HA! It'd be a shame of the guest of honour was unavailable because he was being processed.

/not sure why that just flashed through my mind..

Looks like Dougie hired the best proofreader and the best graphic artist in the whole country!

And yet they managed to get a $5 dollar like 'memorabilia' right ...

I'm still wondering who the sculpture artist was who turned Rob into John Baird with a bleach job.

I'm wondering why "free admission" is in such large letters. Are they trying to fool the public into thinking that the other candidates' campaign launches had a cover charge?

But wasn't what was being suggested that the Hulk Hogan connection will be used to establish the timing (the video is a second-generation recording, so it won't have any useful markers)? And if that's true, won't the credibility of the claim be tested?

As I said, if it can be shown.... If it can be shown that the rant is after the beating without the Hulk Hogan story having to be true, then the truth or falsehood of that story is irrelevant. There may be various ways to try to date the rant without relying on Robinoccio - including by testimony from one or more of the others who were there when it occurred.

But doesn't the claim still need to be credible? Won't it still be subjected to some kind of scrutiny to determine whether it is?

I'm imagining snorts, chuckles, and giggles when that gets trotted out.

That's what I thought too. The fact that Ford never mentions Hulk in his rant is extremely suspect. If it was a skit of some kind, he wouldn't sound so angry. He's not that good an actor. He's clearly livid in that video, he's not laughing like someone would be if they were inventing a persona for a wrestling match. And the sudden recollection of what he was doing after saying he was too drunk to remember just lends more to the lie. Judges are not stupid and they are going to see right through that defense.

QUOTE=SecretSquirrel;839170]Yes - that's what I remember. Does anyone have a link to that fantastic sequence of Ford miming his security guard/intimidator-for-hire taking photos of the public gallery to Rust-D'Eye?

You mean this one? Rust D'Eye barely moves an eye!

He is trying to appear to be listening to his client without appearing to partake in the idiocy of said client.

View attachment 24044[[/QUOTE]

First pic is from last Fri. Second pic undated. Seems he's packed on a few.

1st.jpg

2nd.jpg

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 613
  • 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 589
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back