310     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 483     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what it must be like for Rob being Doug's baby brother since their father passed away?

From Crazy Town, I definitely got the sense they weren't all that close and essentially kept out of each other's way until the last few years. Now with Doug being big brother/campaign manager and his bombastic style, I'd imagine it has gotten a lot worse.

Having his powers stripped was the best thing that could have happened to Ford. Now he can campaign everyday and call it "meeting constituents".

Can you imagine what it must be like for Rob being Doug's baby-brother since their father passed away?

Especially now that any political aspirations Doug may have entertained are now swirling the bowl, largely thanks to Rob's poor behavior.

Though I agree that the sibling relationship is very one-sided and Rob's behaviour has turned the spotlight onto Doug's chequered past, we should remember that when his father died Rob was 37 or 38. Hardly a child. (OK, I am rethinking that, better to say 'hardly a chronological child".)

Having his powers stripped was the best thing that could have happened to Ford. Now he can campaign everyday and call it "meeting constituents".
Or just be MIA and call it "meeting constituents". It's a handy phrase for when his staff has no idea WTF he is.

Last edited:

They can strip him of his power, but they will NEVER take away his fridge magnets! :D

"From my cold, dead hands!" :D

( To quote the late Charlton Heston. )

Last edited:
Oh thanks for clearing that up--

KatieSimpson24 12:32pm via TweetDeck
Doug Ford tells scrum that Mayor didn't promise anyone he was going to quit drinking 100%. That is not true.

"Doug Ford's excuse for #RobFord being hammered in public again..."he's part Irish after all". What ethnicity are crackheads, Doug?"
https://twitter.com/donmacneil/status/445588790024089600

So all of Doug's cheerleading about Rob going on the wagon in the past few months was just empty bluster, as usual. And he manages to insult a demographic in the process.

I wonder if he meant that Rob was drunk because he actually is part Irish (which I suspect is a lie anyway) or if he meant it in the sense of 'Oh hey, my brother's wasted again ... I guess he must be part Irish'?

Either way, it was clear from the CTV piece where they asked him about Rob's taxi episode that Doug no longer cares to hide his indifference regarding Rob. There was a definite tone of 'my brother is an uncontrollable drunk and enh, what do you expect me to do about it?'.

Doug also said his main concern about that night was why a 13 year old was out at 1:30 am.

I thought this happened around 10:30? Oh Doug...

Oh thanks for clearing that up--

KatieSimpson24 12:32pm via TweetDeck
Doug Ford tells scrum that Mayor didn't promise anyone he was going to quit drinking 100%. That is not true.

So now there are degrees of quitting drinking?

Was 'Are you going to quit drinking?' not among the 'right questions'?

Though I agree that the sibling relationship is very one-sided and Rob's behaviour has turned the spotlight onto Doug's chequered past, we should remember that when his father died Rob was 37 or 38. Hardly a child. (OK, I am rethinking that, better to say 'hardly a chronological child".)

It's probably intensified Doug's role as a proxy for the hardass that Doug Sr was, and Doug is starting to act out as Rob visibly frustrates his ambitions.

Or just be MIA and call it "meeting constituents". It's a handy phrase for when his staff has no idea WTF he is.

Since he refuses to release his itinerary, the only way to know WTF the mayor is, is to go back to the Metro era.

At 9 A.M. MET 001 ( the official Metro owned limousine ) arrived at his front-door.

The chauffeur is a permanent Job Classification and a member of Local 416 ( likely a Permanently Partially Disabled - PPD - Paramedic. The car is equipped with hidden red-lights and siren in the grill ).

The chauffeur works without fear or favour to the mayor, because unlike his non-union "staffers" who can be hired and fired on the mayor's whim, the chauffeur position is permanent.

Mayors may come and go, but the official car and a driver that go with the job do not.

A log was maintained where ever and whenever MET 001 moved. Now, they would likely install GPS and a dashboard camera as well. It was all a matter of public record.

Everyone seems to think Rob is respecting the taxpayers by using his own car ( he can claim mileage ) and a staffer who is not a City employee. But, the staffer is getting paid by the City anyway. The only problem, he only answers to the

mayor as their whereabouts.

That is the reason no one ever knows WTF he is.

Of course, if this was still the Metro area, it is unlikely a guy like Rob would ever become super-mayor of the six boroughs. That was too an important job to leave to the voters. The "super-mayor" aka Chairman had to be appointed by Council.

That is the situation with the current mayor and his whereabouts as I understand it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Next up from Doug--Rob has never ever admitted to smoking crack, right?

I think he's going to try telling us that the joke's on us as Rob isn't even a real person. Incidentally, this would be the most believable thing to ever come out of Doug's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back